Right-Click to prioritizing Hunting: hard to hit animal

Started by LWM, May 06, 2020, 03:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LWM

If an animal is designated for hunting and you select a pawn, you can right-click on the animal to prioritize hunting.

Good so far.  However, if the animal is moving, the right-click menu only offers the "hunt" option if the player right-clicks on the cell the animal is still registered in - including if the animal appears to be in another cell.  This can make prioritizing hunting very difficult.

(Speaking of right-clicking, RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap's AddHumanlikeOrders() still calls GenUI's TargetsAt() which is marked as "Obsolete:" "Only need this overload to not break mod compatibility."  Is that changing at some point?  Is TargetsAt() not actually obsolete?  Is there a better place to ask this question?)

ison

Thanks, we'll look into it.

(regarding TargetsAt: it should use TargetsAt_NewTemp, it looks like we forgot to update it there)

Canute

Just a comment.
That behavior isn't new, it allways happened over the last releases.
You allways needed to target behind the animal at the previous tile to get the right click menu.

LWM

Yes, I suppose I could have labelled it "1.0" or something, but anyway.  I was surprised no one had mentioned it, to be honest...  But it's the sort of thing that frustrates some new players and makes the game look less polished, and having it fixed will be good :)