Who needs eyes, anyway?

Started by LWM, May 09, 2020, 02:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LWM

So I have a blanket rule:  If I'm fighting a child soldier and they get downed, I do what I can to capture them and if possible recruit them.  (otherwise, I rarely recruit prisoners - seems too creepy)

Okay, current game, I'm raiding a camp that's been attacking caravans in the area, and I lure the pirates into an abandoned building where I can hit them with everything at once, and I'm bringing my melee fighter around to intercept the pirate with the incendiary launcher before he can get a shot off.  I check on the poor bastard who walked into the choke point and is getting hit hard, and I pull up the Heath tab.

Both eyes torn out by the elephant.  Wow, that's harsh.  And she's just a kid.  Ouch.  I glance at the Bio - minimal skills, terrible fighter, beginner cook, but hey, at least she's both an Undergrounder AND a Night Owl?  (If blind Night Owls get penalties while inside, I am SO filing a Bug report!)  So she should at least accept the whole "darkness" thing.

Well, maybe she'll die?  Oh hey, she went down, pirates are fleeing, and Ali is in Pain Shock.  And her only bleeding wounds are the eyes.  Okay then.  Guess it's good that the reward I was getting was a bionic eye?

I love this game.

Canute

And once you installed the bionic eye on her, the mythical squirrel spawn and go for her eye(s)! :-)

LWM

Ha!  Arid shrubland - no squirrels here!  She made it back home and is being deprogrammed from her raider cult while she heals.