Translation Not Working - Unsure Of Reason

Started by GeodesicDragon, April 24, 2020, 02:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeodesicDragon

I am attempting to translate my mod - Reverse Engineered Mechanoid Shields - into other languages, starting with French, but I've run into a problem.

From what I've seen by looking at other mods and the Example_Traits.xml file, you do something like this:

<Defs>
<ThingDef>
    <defName>ExampleDef</defName>
<label>Testing</label>
<description>Hello World!</description>
<!-- And the rest -->
</ThingDef>
</Defs>

Then to localise it you would do this:

<LanguageData>
<ExampleDef.label>Essai</ExampleDef.label>
<ExampleDef.description>Bonjour le monde!</ExampleDef.description>
</LanguageData>

For my bullet shield I have this:

<Defs>
<ThingDef ParentName="BuildingBase">
    <defName>PlayerShieldGeneratorBullets</defName>
<label>bullet shield (human made)</label>
<description>A shielding device, based on mechanoid tech, which will block incoming bullets within a certain radius. Requires power.</description>
<!-- And the rest -->
</ThingDef>
</Defs>

<LanguageData>
<PlayerShieldGeneratorBullets.label>bouclier pare-balles (fabriqué par l'homme)</PlayerShieldGeneratorBullets.label>
<PlayerShieldGeneratorBullets.description>Un dispositif de protection, basé sur la technologie mécanoïde, qui bloquera les balles entrantes dans un certain rayon. Nécessite de l'énergie.</PlayerShieldGeneratorBullets.description>
</LanguageData>

I start the game in French, load up my test save and see that while everything else about the game is translated, the shields are not.

I'm not getting any errors, so I can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong. Because I have a tendency to not notice things that are screamingly obvious to others, I know I've missed something... but what?

Any and all help is appreciated.
I'm the kind of player who makes everyone else look like a gaming god.

My Mods: REMS and OPAC

TeiXeR