System.ArgumentNullException UI Error repeating

Started by Nyaness, May 10, 2020, 08:32:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nyaness

On loading the gameplay map (not the world map), the debug console begins reporting a System.ArgumentNullException error, repeating the same error over and over until 999. I cannot click and issue orders to any of my colonists, and any hover-over popups get stuck on the screen and do not leave.

Attached is my HugsLib mod file from in-game, though I'm not exactly sure if there's anything salvagable in it as I can't exactly find anything pointing to the UI error from the errorlog.

Canute

Hi,
at the error msg. i saw
QuoteBurnItForFuel.CompSelectFuel.SetupFuelSettings
so the mod BurnItForFuel maybe got trouble with some item to select it as fuel.

Try to disable the mod and look if that helps. Load and safe as different name and load the new safe to reset/remove the fuel settings.
That is now the 2. report with BurnItForFuel shortly, but i don't got any feedback if it helped just to disable the mod.

Nyaness

Removing the mod didn't seem to alleviate any of my problems. Attached is my new modlog. At this point, I'm considering just uninstalling everything and re-installing in chunks.
I really appreciate the help, though!

Canute

Looks like that BurnItForFuel isn't safe to remove from existing safegames, since the new error is about some missing buttons.
You still can ask at the mod discussion of that mod (if you got steam).

But it is a good idea to overhaul your modlist, since you got serveral error's after startup.
Try to avoid mods that throw out errors (red text) after activation/rimworld start.

Nyaness

I re-looked into it, and found this Reddit post, which was pretty similar to the error I was having. Disabling one of the research mods fixed the issue entirely.