Oversight, missing key mood modifier

Started by Locklave, May 12, 2020, 02:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Locklave

If they win a battle/fight why is there no mood boost for a victory?

Troops cheer after battles, because they are happy they won and survived. I mean eating without a table deserves a mood impact but not a victory? This feels like an oversight to me. Odd it never occurred to me in all these years.

Alenerel

no, your pawns have to go mental break after an overwhelming raid and miraculous victory, and then die of blood loss cause they and the doctor are on mental breaks. thats what they get for surviving.

if they dont like this then they can die to not suffer more mental breaks.

Bozobub

Quote from: Locklave on May 12, 2020, 02:09:10 AM
If they win a battle/fight why is there no mood boost for a victory?

Troops cheer after battles, because they are happy they won and survived. I mean eating without a table deserves a mood impact but not a victory? This feels like an oversight to me. Odd it never occurred to me in all these years.
Makes sense to me.
Thanks, belgord!

Locklave

Exactly, they badly need this boost after a battle. It's both realistic and fair. Hell the buff doesn't even need to last as long as the debuff, like RL, but it needs to exist.

LWM

I mean, I can totally see someone shutting down into a puddle of tears and adrenaline loss

B@R5uk

I totally agree with TS!!! But, well, you know GD, this will offset all the debuffs of battle and make postfight cleaning piece of cake...

Locklave

Quote from: B@R5uk on May 14, 2020, 07:55:28 AM
I totally agree with TS!!! But, well, you know GD, this will offset all the debuffs of battle and make postfight cleaning piece of cake...

The fight should be the risk, people breaking/dying during said fight. The post fight is already cleanup/healing/bedrest killing your productivity.

Bozobub

Quote from: B@R5uk on May 14, 2020, 07:55:28 AM
Not necessarily.  Either mood can have a differing duration, for example (the rush of victory fades to aches and reflection on the loss of family and friends, perhaps).
Thanks, belgord!

zizard

Game is built to try to force mental break storytelling. That's why bloodlust trait is so good (oops inb4 nerf for subverting storytelling).

TrashMan

Quote from: zizard on June 05, 2020, 03:54:07 AM
Game is built to try to force mental break storytelling. That's why bloodlust trait is so good (oops inb4 nerf for subverting storytelling).

This. The game is a forced drama generator basically.