[1.1.2632] Everyone has a psychic entropy limit of 0, even with amplifiers

Started by Lausur, May 13, 2020, 05:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lausur

One of my colonists, Sam, has three psychic amplifiers installed but cannot cast anything without going over her entropy limit, because her limit is 0. In her info, it says her limit should be 15 as you can see, but in the skill bar and in practice it's 0. I did some tests in dev mode and this happens to any pawns that I give amplifiers to.

There were mods before, but this continues to happen when I don't have any mods active and also when I start a new test colony with just Core and Royalty.

I also saw a much longer list of error messages on startup today than before. Maybe related? I guess it's in the log.

Canute

Hi,
when you have error's at the rimworld startup and don't use any mods, something is wrong with the installation.
Manualy delete the Data (not the Rimworld...._data) folder inside your rimworld installation.
Look inside the Mods folder if you maybe see a Core folder, then delete these too.
Let steam repair the installation.

Start Rimworld and check if the log is error free now, and if the problem with the entropy still happen.

threephi

I would guess this is because of the as-yet undocumented changes to the psychic system that got rolled out with 2632.  Psychic energy is now gained through meditation, and decays over time.

ison

Could you try doing a fresh install? Steam sometimes fails to update files correctly.

Lausur

Solution

For a while, I was unable to update to version 1.1.2654 because other bugs started appearing, such as my psychic being unable to be drafted. Reinstalling didn't seem to help. Today, after a few hours of looking, I solved the issue by realizing that my Royalty was from Ludeon unlike my core game which was from Steam, and indeed hadn't been updating correctly in pace of the rest of the install - all the XML files seemed to be last modified on 24/02. Reinstalling thus only replaced the core game and left the Royalty folder within untouched. The problems didn't disappear until I basically registered Royalty on Steam and let that update.