Seeking Alpha 6 testers (closed)

Started by Tynan, August 07, 2014, 12:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CavtasticCar

Im interested! Email is the same as the one on my account.

Mimic

demondoor

id love to test, email same as account

TheSimpleArtist

Jane Doe Chainsaw

It seems kind of funny how a majority of these posts are from people who've posted in the single digits.

Not to knock anybody. Just an observation. I am, after all, a single digit poster too. Is this because most of the "old timers" are already playtesters? Or do you get new testers every build?

(By the way, I wouldn't mind playtesting either.)
-J.D.C.

patientsomeone

I too would be phenomenally excited to help test this!

Vytautas

Me too! (email is same as registered)

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: Jane Doe Chainsaw on August 09, 2014, 12:03:11 AM
It seems kind of funny how a majority of these posts are from people who've posted in the single digits.

Not to knock anybody. Just an observation. I am, after all, a single digit poster too. Is this because most of the "old timers" are already playtesters? Or do you get new testers every build?

well maybe its because most Dual-Triple digit posters just don't want to ruin the game by signing up for something that they couldn't actually do, people like us truly respect the game and we don't want it ruined by people who signed up just to get the game for free and never actually Test it, I'm not trying to say that all of the single posters that are signing up are people that i described, just saying that if there is one out there you should be ashamed for ruining a perfect game.
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Vytautas

My second post. Player, from alpha v2 though.

How does one ruin the game? What I as a tester have to do is to check out whats new in a pre-build and report what is not working properly i.e. if something is. How does aforementioned actions ruin the game? Even if you are silent after getting in in pre-build testing, there is no way to ruin anything. If one gives wrong data, he will just be ignored. And that's the worst that could happen.

yaleman

homeworlder

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: Vytautas on August 09, 2014, 03:38:42 AM

How does one ruin the game? What I as a tester have to do is to check out whats new in a pre-build and report what is not working properly i.e. if something is. How does aforementioned actions ruin the game? Even if you are silent after getting in in pre-build testing, there is no way to ruin anything. If one gives wrong data, he will just be ignored. And that's the worst that could happen.
Lets say a certain someone joined up just to be a private tester, just to leak the alpha in question, to a certain website for everyone to grab, imagine if the uploader was never traced to the person leaking it, the game is already up for grabs for free in some certain websites
(all game devs want to minimize piracy of their games because its making them loose profit, like the game called CoD: MW3 it was downloaded nearly 3.5 million times, which i could imagine made them loose Thousands of money which is not good for the company)

Maybe that person is leaking information about the new alpha which i know that Tynan would not be happy about.

And also what you said about someone reporting false data to Tynan can actually ruin the game if not careful, for example it could delay the game by making the dev find the bug that actually never existed. imagine all those time and effort just to look for a bug that never actually existed?
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Vytautas

Yeah okay. I get it. You're right.

HatesYourFace

Quote from: Vytautas on August 09, 2014, 04:07:02 AM
Yeah okay. I get it. You're right.

No he's not, he's just paranoid. There is a difference.

Quote from: Blackjack1000K on August 09, 2014, 04:00:07 AM
Quote from: Vytautas on August 09, 2014, 03:38:42 AM

Lets say a certain someone joined up just to be a private tester, just to leak the alpha in question, to a certain website for everyone to grab, imagine if the uploader was never traced to the person leaking it, the game is already up for grabs for free in some certain websites
(all game devs want to minimize piracy of their games because its making them loose profit, like the game called CoD: MW3 it was downloaded nearly 3.5 million times, which i could imagine made them loose Thousands of money which is not good for the company)

Pretty much every game in existence is available free to D/L if you know where to look, You can accept that or build a time machine to go back to the 90's. Players are players and Testers are testers whether they paid or not, it's basically free advertising. Downloading COD MW3? Are you really that dense lol? It's a multiplayer game primarily and you can't get online with a pirated copy, No one is playing Modern Warfare games for the single player, and if they are; they were never gonna pay 60$ for it in the first place. The honest truth is most people who pirate this game are just looking to demo it before they decide to spend 30$ on it.

Maybe that person is leaking information about the new alpha which i know that Tynan would not be happy about.

He has a change log where he posts all the features that haven't been added to the game yet...Leaking information? He's already doing that himself!

And also what you said about someone reporting false data to Tynan can actually ruin the game if not careful, for example it could delay the game by making the dev find the bug that actually never existed. imagine all those time and effort just to look for a bug that never actually existed?

Wow...I don't even know where to start with this one. You can't "find a bug that doesn't exist"....because it never existed. This game also uses the Mantis bug report website so I highly doubt it's as easy as all that to introduce a fake bug since you have to sign up there with an account and all. This doesn't even began to address the issue of why anyone would want to set progress on a game back even if they didn't like said game.

Quote from: Blackjack1000K on August 09, 2014, 03:19:29 AM
Quote from: Jane Doe Chainsaw on August 09, 2014, 12:03:11 AM

well maybe its because most Dual-Triple digit posters just don't want to ruin the game by signing up for something that they couldn't actually do, people like us truly respect the game and we don't want it ruined by people who signed up just to get the game for free and never actually Test it, I'm not trying to say that all of the single posters that are signing up are people that i described, just saying that if there is one out there you should be ashamed for ruining a perfect game.

Nothing about this paragraph makes sense. I'm not being mean just really...I'm trying to pick it apart so I can argue against it but I just really don't understand what you're on about? Please tell me English isn't your first language. : /
If you have any 2 of the following 3 things: Time, Interest, or Ability; Head on over to the RimWorld wiki and help improve/update it! http://rimworldwiki.com

Dread

I'm interested if its still available. I'm a developer, i can report bugs :)