[1.1] Pawns don't sow crops efficiently

Started by Liwet, May 24, 2020, 03:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liwet

So I have an 11x11 area set to sow rice but only part of it has been filled (like 30 spots).  I decide that the amount of rice sowed so far is enough and want the remainder of the empty growing zone to have corn sowed.  What I think should happen is for the pawn to sow the unused growing zone with corn first before cutting the rice.  What is currently happening is the pawn is cutting the rice first and replacing it with corn causing him to sow 60 spots for only 30 spots of crops.

Vincent

This has always been like that as far as I know, you can eventually setup a temporary restrictive zone where the pawn arent allowed to touch the rice.

threephi

This is game mechanics working as designed.  Shrink the rice zone to delete the unplanted spots, then make a new grow zone for corn.  Zones can have anything growing in them, grass, hay, weeds, trees, flowers, etc. so how would the game know which secondary plant you want to leave alone?

Liwet

Quote from: threephi on May 25, 2020, 01:33:55 PM
how would the game know which secondary plant you want to leave alone?

Screenshot

In the above image you can see trees, grass, brambles, dandelions, and a healroot, so you are correct that the game might not know what to replace.  However, in that same image, you can also see empty dirt, rock rubble, and stone chunks.  Why can't the game prioritize growing in those areas first?