my world doesnt want to load, again

Started by Lipti, May 17, 2020, 06:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lipti

i had same problem befoe but this time game was not saving i just turned off my pc the reason im posting this is i think the file is not corrupted

Lipti

as before im playing with mods ,yes i tried to disable all mods it still doesnt work,  hard drive is okay

Lipti

btw i have a backup but from like 7 years in game and i had lots of stuff that would normaly take me ages to get back im just thinking that it might be fixable

Canute

Did you played 7 years at one session ? :-) I think normaly the permabackup get generated when you exit the game.
When you see at your log
QuoteException while init loading file: C:/Users/Admin/AppData/LocalLow/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\Saves\Liptacze (permanentna śmierć).rws
System.Xml.XmlException: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 89897, position 1.
that indicate that Rimworld couldn't load the safegame completly.

When you have other messages, it can be a mod issue. But mod issues that prevent to load a safegame are mosttimes similar deadly to your colony.
If you used steam workshop, it could be that a mod got update recently, and the new mod version cause the issue, then a rollback to an older mod version could help, or ask the mod author.

Other mod conflicts are impossible to detect/fix for regular player, that's why it is a bad idea to do permadeath with antested modlist. At last no error's should show at the log after you start rimworld.

Lipti

i dont think it was mod i none of the mods have been ubdeated and i have played for 14years in game idk why isnt it loading the game but if the file is not restorable is there any posible way to put colonists from one save to other?

Canute

A safegame is basicly just a long textfile, you can edit it with any texteditor (but i wouldn't use the windows notepad).
Look if you can load the safegame into a texteditor, then you can experiment around with copy&paste (backup the other safegame).
In the past there was a safegame editor tool, but that didn't got update to 1.1

If you just want adjust/change your pawn's you can use a Character Editor Mod
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1874644848

Lipti

allright i think its finaly time to move on, leave colony behind to make a new one but thank you for trying to help me with saving the colony canute ill name colonist after you

Canute

Don't forget, when you activate mod's there shouldn't show any red text at the log window after it.

And permadeath with mod's is a tricky thing. Unless you are sure that modlist works fine.

Canute

Use an older savegame or the backup file from the permadeath, or start a new colony.