[1.1.2604] (64-bit) ranged-only sapper raid of tribal lag out when miner killed

Started by lancar, April 19, 2020, 03:53:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancar

Had a sapper raid of tribals that seemed to only have bows and pila equipped. When the sapper died on a trap, the rest of them headed for my killbox, but the game progressively got more and more choppy as they approached. When they were in the killbox they mindlessly charged forward without attacking, and the framrate slowed to an absolute crawl. Saving and loading did not fix the issue.

This is probably a pathfinding bug, or the raid needs to be able to designate another sapper who doesn't have a melee weapon so they can proceed normally.

Heres the save where the bug is active. 100% reproducible, just load it and unpause, and the game will immediately start lagging.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5pffrvhj8guygo3/laggy%20raid.rws?dl=0
(i tried twice to upload as an attachment, but both times my post never appeared)

No mods used.

Canute

No errors,
that just the normal large battle lag.
Rimworld need to calculate alot of things during the fight.

lancar

oh, no. not by a long shot. i can manage battles _much_ larger than this with barely any noticeable lag at all. this is the _only_ raid that ever caused this heavy lag, and it was so bad that i couldn't even scroll the screen properly while unpaused.
Thats not to mention the enemy pawns didnt even fight, they just ran into the defenses without firing a shot. In a normal base defense, even with no cover a few enemies always stop to shoot at the defenders.

i have clocked 1004 hours into this game, and this has never happened to me before.

Canute

Try to post a logfile (you need to use reply button before you see file attachment options).
Maybe something wrong with some installation files, that should be shown at the log.

lancar

I mean, sure. I can do that.
I just ran the save file again, and it still lags just as hard as when i posted this (though i did see a couple enemies stop and fire at me, so i was mistaken about that part in the post above). The vast amount of enemies went to stand in a single tile to right of the top miniturret before they actually did anything.

(the save is called "idiot storyteller raid". i was a bit miffed at the time, and renamed the first one before uploading)
I've played this save for a bit after that raid, and the lag never manifested again in any of the raids that followed. It was something specific to this one.

Also, before you ask, I just did a verify game files. no errors, and the lag still persists when loading the save.

Canute

Look i don't trust the steam update. To much unexpected errors happend special after a big release change. When the devs changed the file structure and some old files didn't got deleted from the update but rimworld still load and used them.
But the log don't show anything.

QuoteI've played this save for a bit after that raid, and the lag never manifested again in any of the raids that followed. It was something specific to this one.
If that happen again, and you got a safegame when this happen or shortly before i think the devs would like to see that.
But the safegame you post before runs fine by me but i use a bit older version (1.1.2598).

lancar

Quote from: Canute on April 20, 2020, 12:18:07 PM
QuoteI've played this save for a bit after that raid, and the lag never manifested again in any of the raids that followed. It was something specific to this one.
If that happen again, and you got a safegame when this happen or shortly before i think the devs would like to see that.
But the safegame you post before runs fine by me but i use a bit older version (1.1.2598).
That is so weird :o For me, immediately when unpausing this save the game slows to the point where it feels as if im watching powerpoint, and since it's completely reproducible on my end i was dead certain it would do so everywhere.

the next time i get a sapper raid with only ranged, ill save it just as it spawns. Every other sapper raid ive ever had always contained at least a few melee, so they could always mine into my base. This one was the only one that couldn't.