[Royalty 1.1.2636] Raiders fleeing throguh base and picking fights with pawns.

Started by Nimi142, May 18, 2020, 04:38:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nimi142

Circumstance:
My base (as seen in the picture below) cuts of a certain border section of the map so that people will not be able to pass through it without having access to the base doors (i.e only my pawns can pass through it without needing to bust open something).

I just fought a raid and caused the raiders to want to flee. I don't have a killbox or anything like that and I usually fight raiders in the ground near my base, usually around the cotton field and the dumping stockpile. The fleeing raiders started to try to flee through the blocked section, trying to bust open the base's doors. This is extremely interruptive, it's stopping me from being able to haul pawns that need rescue to my hospital because when a pawn tries to move through a door the raiders try to bust open, they block them and sometimes start to fight with them when they are supposed to be fleeing. That may cause my pawns to die because sometimes in the rim this delay can mean the difference between life and death.

This bug happens to me every raid and the raids don't necessarily need to come from the blocked section of the map (actually, no raid has appeared from the blocked section so I don't know if the presumed bug will occur then.).

I do have some mods active but none of them change the way the AI works, especially not AI that does not manage my pawns. If this still means I need to put the post in the mod's bugs forum then I will.

Excpected behavior:
I expected the raiders to try to flee through paths that won't cause direct conflict with my colony. I don't block a lot of the tile's borders so I don't think that it's because they can't find a path that won't cause direct conflict.

Reproduction:
I didn't try to do it but I figure that having a raid near a base that blocks some of the tile's borders and causing the raiders to flee would cause the bug to occur.

Canute

Nothing new, i encounter similar AI behavior all the time, all the releases before.
Instead of bunch of red, i have fight a bunch of fleeing at my doorway, they easyly could be slaughtered.
Not every fleeing raider path through the base (and closed doors) but most of them.
Mostly happen when the base is at the middle of the map or a mountain base with exit to the mountain map border.

Fleeing raiders should primary move to the opposite direction they are fleeing from and not toward.

Nimi142

I agree that's it's probably not new but I think it's still a bug.
I reported it because as I said it's not very convenient and I hope that maybe my post will bring this to the attention of Ludeon Studios.