[1.1.2624] Core Dump on Linux

Started by timgstewart, May 25, 2020, 11:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timgstewart

I don't know if it is worth reporting or not, but I was playing the newest version of Rimworld, which I've had installed since it was released, and had a SEGV fault with a core dump.  Earlier today, I upgraded my system to Kubuntu 20.04.  It may be relevant.

Attached are the text from the heap/thread/core dump and my Player.log.

I don't know that anything unusual was happening.  I have two colonies, I had a mech cluster happening on my original colony, and a 3-pronged Tribal raid  on the second colony who were preparing their attack, with some Tribal friendlies arriving to assist.  The first cluster of the tribes started to flee from the friendlies, I saw the message that the other two were beginning their assault, then it crashed.

I've copied the save game off, just in case I can reproduce it when the game reloads.

timgstewart

I wanted to add that I've been using 1.1.2647 + Royalty for most of the day with no crashes.  This is unusual, so I think it may have gotten fixed in the latest recompile.

ison

It looks like it's a sigsegv deep inside Mono. Perhaps it's because of faulty Mono binaries or some driver issues. I'd recommend updating them and see if it helps.