Forming an emergency caravan is a nightmare. Please add "instant leave" button.

Started by Zaire82, May 31, 2023, 06:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaire82

I was playing with the Medieval Overhaul mod installed and build a decent little village in a dark forest. Things were going well until toxic fallout started and giant tree monsters started appearing all over the map. Suddenly, I was surrounded by dozens of near-unkillable beasts and had no choice but to abandon my base or lose the game.

So I form a caravan. I get my 3 colonists and take the basic essentials. My herbal meds, a pile of potatoes, and some silver.
My colonists pick it all up and then circle around the edge of the map for a full day. They're clearly just not leaving for some reason.
I cancel it and start again. Now they want to go back to the base surrounded by monsters despite already having all the items they were told to bring. I cancel it again.
Now I just want them to go. Screw the items, just go. Toxic fallout is slowly killing them. I removed the home area entirely, but they keep going back anyway.
I cancel again and I'm forced to make them move instantly in dev mode.

Please add an emergency leave or instant leave button. If it's an emergency, I don't give a crap whether they're ready. I want them to escape with their lives.