Questions & Comments Meditation Update

Started by kclace, May 28, 2020, 05:45:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kclace

It sounds like any faction will be able to develop psychics now. I.E. no longer Empire specific. I'm ok with that. I assume the next logical step will be for people to be attacked by enemy psychics so it makes sense to me.

Question: Is there any down side to developing a pawn into a psychic? As someone who has zero interest in psychics, it would make sense. It also makes sense thematically. If there are no downsides, than why isn't everyone in the future psychic? Or why isn't everyone in the colony psychic? Correct if I am wrong, but my understanding is that thematically, psychic powers are supposed to be a rare, special thing.

I'd like to see some draw backs for developing a pawn into a psychic. Let the players weigh the pros and cons like any other strategy. Some suggestions:

-Less capable of doing some types of work (like royal titles)
-Health risks, like increasing likelihood of mental breaks.
-Psychic specific mental breaks. What if a psychic unleashed his powers on his own colony?
-Lower relations with other factions. (They fear you because of the strange person in your colony with frightful powers).

kclace

Just as a follow up, how does meditation even work? I see one of my pawns meditating. Does that mean he will just automatically develop a power at some point?

Codexehow

All I know is that a bunch of my mods are broken and I don't even own Royalty yet. Not happy :P. I thought 1.0 meant that I could look forward to mod stability...boy was I mistaken.