Big YAY on drugs rebalance, but can I expect other similar thing fixed?

Started by BorisZ, May 28, 2020, 09:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BorisZ

Recent drugs rebalance makes some drugs better, and some drugs worse. But what is important, low drug tolerance on colonist in not hidden. So I can throw away a sheet of paper, where I've written down the dates of wake-up doses for some colonists. That's great improvement of game experience, also makes my table cleaner :-).

But I want to get rid of one more sheet of paper. When caravan is sent to visit several settlements, I can't just buy everything I more or less need in the first settlement. A lot of valuable stuff in settlements is super random. Like there can be 0 neurotrainers, there can be 5. There can be some marine helmet/armor or not. You never guess, if there is some good weapon for sale or not. And if there is, you don't know, if it is good shotgun, which is cheap, or it's a charge rifle, which is expensive.
Because of that, I write down a list of interesting stuff, that can be bought from ally or neutral settlement. With drugs, you can now view information in game, don't need to write down. Maybe we can hope that the same improvement hits trading, so player can view items in stock in recently visited settlement, rather then write it down or screenshot?

Alenerel

I kinda agree... But I do think its a bigger problem from your behalf... So what if you miss a charge rifle, a shotgun, or whatever? its not that big of a deal.

And a similar approach I used with drugs. Just make people take a beer every 2 days if they need for mood, or ambrosia every 3 or tea every 4, and thats it. I cant be arsed to minmax a dude to take 2 beers a day, and then make sure he wont drink another for 4 days, and remember it to change it back... Hell no. And in the end, its not even that big of a change.

You should minmax yourself, get the point where you get the most enjoyment sacrificing the minimum pawn performance. Honestly, using a paper sheet for me is taking this too far.

BorisZ

Well, if you play easier difficulties, missing a good gun is not a big deal. When playing harder difficulties - that is not desireable.
As for drugs, wake-up is the most efficient when taken by tired (or super tired) pawn, so it maximizes rest gain.

Alenerel

Yeah, wake up is most efficient when that, so what? All you gain is some extra hours. Maybe 6 hours of non sleep plus some 20% work speed? Thats nothing. Meanwhile you needed a pawn dedicated to craft wake up. Its just not worth the headache.

Also I exclusively play cassandra merciless without bs op mods.

Canute

Maybe you didn't got a long fight yet.
Basicly it can happen that one of your pawn's will collapse from tieredness. But mostly they will have a mental break and doing something stupid.
To prevent that your tiered pawn get a mental break, you give them wake-up.

zizard

Quote from: Alenerel on June 03, 2020, 04:41:33 PM
Yeah, wake up is most efficient when that, so what? All you gain is some extra hours. Maybe 6 hours of non sleep plus some 20% work speed? Thats nothing. Meanwhile you needed a pawn dedicated to craft wake up. Its just not worth the headache.

Also I exclusively play cassandra merciless without bs op mods.

I agree that scheduled wakeup use is pretty useless when you could just press speed 3 instead (which is superior to many game actions). Only situations where it would be nice to schedule (i.e. multiple days of use) are things like crafting before an inspiration or quest expires.

However I think stocking wakeup is worth it for occasional manual use.

Quote from: Canute on June 04, 2020, 02:08:53 AM
Maybe you didn't got a long fight yet.
Basicly it can happen that one of your pawn's will collapse from tieredness. But mostly they will have a mental break and doing something stupid.
To prevent that your tiered pawn get a mental break, you give them wake-up.

Right but I think the point was that scheduled use with a rest threshold is pretty useless. In combat you'd be doing it manually.