Floors missing from construction menu, even with fresh install

Started by IllCaesar, May 29, 2020, 07:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IllCaesar

So I thought it might just be an issue with a mod (Vegetable Garden Tools) but after eliminating mods that might be conflicting I found that many of the floor construction options are simply missing from the build menu. It's effecting mods apparently but it's not just limited to mods. I verified the file integrity of the game and they were still missing. I uninstalled, made sure there was nothing left in the steamapps\common\RimWorld directory that could mess with the game and there was nothing there. I reinstalled and started up a fresh save with no mods active and still they're missing from the build options. The floors are still in the game, I took a screencap of what I placed down with the debug menu attached to this post. It's just that I can't make build plans for them or some floors introduced into other mods. I'm not a stranger to modding RimWorld but I must admit I'm at a loss as to what could be causing this. Anybody have any idea? I'm not running the DLC but that shouldn't be an issue, right? It's not a gamekiller or anything but I just wanted to see if anybody could so this.

harpo99999

the sterile tile and carpets are behind researches, so they do not show until you complete the  researches for carpet and sterile floor

IllCaesar

Quote from: harpo99999 on May 29, 2020, 09:20:28 PM
the sterile tile and carpets are behind researches, so they do not show until you complete the  researches for carpet and sterile floor

I forgot to mention that but I did add the research for them using debug. Only red carpet and sterile tile is showing up like in the picture, regardless of whether I'm in debug mode or not. Even if I hadn't there's still eight missing floor types.

Canute

I see all the floor you can made at vanilla gameplay.
What kind of floors you are missing ?
I hope you don't miss the material/colour selection, when you see the triangle at the top right corner.