How do you cure scaria?

Started by TC, May 29, 2020, 08:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TC

How, exactly, do you cure scaria? I have a downed cow with scaria. I've added the operation "Cure scaria" to the cow's operations list, but whenever I try to assign someone to perform that operation, I see the message "Cannot cure scaria: Need material". From the in-game documentation, it seems that you need 3x medicine to cure scaria. I have that. What else do I need?

(P.S. Forgive me if this question has been asked and answered elsewhere on the forum, but the forum search feature doesn't work for me.)

ReZpawner

Is the cow allowed medicine? The default setting only permits herbal meds, and you need regular medicine.

TC

That was it.

The cow was not allowed medicine. When I allowed medicine, my doctor was able to apply the cure.

Thanks.

TC

Okay, I need more help here. The release notes say "Scaria can also be cured quite easily if you down an animal with it, which makes it possible to make them into pets...". That's what I'm trying to do.

With ReZpawner's help, I've cured the cow of scaria. Now, how do I make it into a pet? It is still maddened, so I can't tame it. Am I supposed to wait some amount of time for the madness to wear off? That will be hard to do because every time it recovers enough to walk, it attacks me and I need to beat it unconscious again.

I was expecting that when the scaria went away, the madness would go away too, but since that didn't happen, I'm confused. what is the intended procedure for turning a maddened animal into a pet?

hechicera

The cows at least are bugged. Just had a cow invasion and got one of the ones w/o scaria downed. Rescued it, and it stayed manhunter forever. Down, heal, attack, rinse, repeat. Used to be once it slept the manhunter wore off.

Ukas

Quote from: hechicera on June 04, 2020, 01:11:13 AM
The cows at least are bugged. Just had a cow invasion and got one of the ones w/o scaria downed. Rescued it, and it stayed manhunter forever. Down, heal, attack, rinse, repeat. Used to be once it slept the manhunter wore off.

did you cure the scaria? Because if you do, cow should behave normally. I downed it once after cure and it lost the manhunter status.

Handsome_Vulpine

Yeah, uh...I've got all the boxes ticked...plenty of medicine, colonists with 8 or more medical skill, cows are allowed medicine...but it still says cannot cure scaria: need material.
Quote from: hechicera on June 04, 2020, 01:11:13 AM
When you say they're bugged...do you mean you're just not able to cure scaria on them, period? Coz what I have are wooly cows with it. (Well, not anymore since I gave up and decided to just kill 'em, but I'll still keep this post here for future reference)