[1.1.2647 64bit Linux] CTD w/ (reduced) modlist that worked with the prev. ver.

Started by 2.71828, May 30, 2020, 01:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi,

I've run into a problem again: I'm getting a CTD a few minutes into a new game using a subset of a modset that worked (with errors, but) without CTDs on 1.1.2624. I can't make sense of the error message I get from right before/during the CTD, so any help would be appreciated. I've attached rimworld_log, ModsConfig.xml and a bit of my system log. I'm on Arch Linux. I've tried to use 'Steam Linux Runtime' already, but it didn't change anything other than that I didn't even get a rimworld_log for my CTD. I'll also attach the Modlist that (kind of) worked before, if that is of any help. As far as I can see (and diff tells me), my current modset is actually smaller than that one, and even strictly contained. This modset seems to work on 1.1.2624 (Steam Beta). On 1.1.2624 (Steam Beta), this modset at least takes longer to CTD the game...

I thought removing mods was supposed to make a game more stable, assuming you start a new safe and there are no dependency problems...

System log:
Mai 30 18:55:07 PC audit[16321]: ANOM_ABEND auid=1000 uid=1000 gid=100 ses=2 pid=16321 comm="RimWorldLinux" exe="/home/USERNAME/.local/sh>
Mai 30 18:55:07 PC kernel: audit: type=1701 audit(1590857707.388:115): auid=1000 uid=1000 gid=100 ses=2 pid=16321 comm="RimWorldLinux">
Mai 30 18:55:07 PC systemd-coredump[18245]: Not enough arguments passed by the kernel (6, expected 7).
Mai 30 18:55:49 PC rtkit-daemon[678]: Supervising 13 threads of 9 processes of 1 users.
Mai 30 18:55:49 PC rtkit-daemon[678]: Supervising 13 threads of 9 processes of 1 users.
Mai 30 18:55:50 PC rtkit-daemon[678]: Supervising 13 threads of 9 processes of 1 users.
Mai 30 18:55:50 PC rtkit-daemon[678]: Supervising 13 threads of 9 processes of 1 users.

Should I provide more info, or is this problem too difficult to debug? Judging from the rimworld_log, the problem seems to be related to the JobTracker, or something, but I'm way out of my depth here.

Unfortunately, I either seem to get errors like this, or trivial errors that I can fix myself in less than 5 minutes... I just want to finish a single game for once. I own the game since the late Alpha stage and have never managed to do that, yet.  :(

Canute

Hi,
i don't have any clue about linux, but i don't think it is OS specific.
At first maybe sure, the vanilla+Royality installation if fine.
Disable all mods, and be sure you have no error's at the log with rimworld starts without mods.
If you still got error's maybe you got a wrong update over steam, then delete Data folder at the Rimworld installation and let steam repair it.
Check Mods folder if there are no Core folder (Core got moved to Data).

After you be sure your vanilla rimworld is fine, you can activate mods.
Do that at small batches so you notice early when a mod throw out errors, try to avoid these mods and don't forget to report these error's to the mod author.

When you activate all mods, and the log is error free, you can think about to start a colony.

Thanks for the tips! I'm currently bisecting my modlist (via this nice guide here), and with my current modlist, I encountered an error I didn't see before with my bigger modlist. Whenever I try to click the debug menu options (or debug logging menu, but that's not captured in the log), I get an error and nothing happens, i.e. no window opens.

HugsLib: https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/de390bb51871350f7bb79c9448b1af95

I have no idea why I suddenly get this new error, and what the cause could be. Because I saw the word 'Pharmacist' in the error messages, I thought Fluffy's 'Pharmacist mod' could be the culprit, but that mod isn't even in the load order...

Canute

Looking at the log.
You know error's got red text.
White text is just a debug message. Yellow is a warning and normaly harmless.

The first errors about
"Could not resolve cross-reference: No RimWorld.ResearchTabDef named FireExtTab found to give to Verse.ResearchProjectDef FireBeater"
are prolly from Fire Warden, but i can be wrong.

"Type TextureChooser probably needs a StaticConstructorOnStartup attribute, because it has a field LeftArrow of type Texture2D. All assets must be loaded in the main thread."
is prolly an error, but shouldn't affect the gameplay, maybe you have a weired grafic somewhere.

So the startup looks well so far.

But yes the error after creating the new colony is strange.
What happen if you would add Pharmacist to the modlist ?
I don't think any mod got a dependies on Pharmacist, that you would see early except the mod author forget to add these to the about.xml.

Ok, so I have fixed all startup errors (I didn't even think that was possible with 350+ mods), but still got the same kind of CTD after a few minutes of playing a new colony. The Pharmacist error is gone as well, however.

I'm not sure whether I should now be trying to find which mod is responsible for the Pharmacist problem, although that problem is gone with my current modset, or whether I can ignore that. Other than errors related to 'Prepare Landing' about 'StitchedPagesPostFix' during world generation (those seem to be harmless, and I have always got those since I use this mod), and an error about some pawn being generated with an invalid combination of apparel (also during world gen), I didn't get any errors before the CTD, either.

So I'm back at square one, only now each iteration of 'bisecting' might take more than 20 min plus startup time, because the problem doesn't occur immediately. 💩

Canute

Gratz on your modlist, 350 mods are alot ! :-)

Does i be right when you say CTD, that rimworld don't say it is crashed ? Then Rimworld don't crash by itself, and something else let it force exit.

Maybe take a look at the logfile after a CTD, maybe at the end you notice anything that helps.
But like i wrote before, i don't have any clue about linux, so maybe someone else can give you better tips.

Thanks!  ;D

Yes, Rimworld doesn't tell me anything, but that's normal AFAIK. I think the part about 'Rimworld saying it crashed' is a Windows thing, which reports when a programme crashes, not the programme itself, and Linux doesn't do that (at least not my distribution in its current configuration). You have to look into the system logs, and I don't know what these want to tell me. I actually put the relevant part right in the first post in a code box.

The part in the log file after a CTD is actually the part from 'Obtained X stack frames.' onwards, and I have absolutely no idea what this is about. Every CTD, the log looks like this, only the amount of lines and 'stack frames obtained' seems to vary, whatever that means. :(

I think I've managed to find the mod that gives me the weird 'Pharmacist problem' though: 'Mod Medicine Patch'. For easily reproducible bugs, this bisection method, together with Rimworld's quickstart is really convenient and powerful.

Quote from: Canute on June 04, 2020, 05:33:18 PM[...] so maybe someone else can give you better tips.

Yes, that would be great, but apparently noone else seems to care. I tried to get help in the Rimworld Discord already, as well, but all of my messages were completely ignored. I know that nobody here or there is obligated to help me, but the fact that everyone else that asked something before and after me got at least some reaction wasn't exactly encouraging.

Aaaaaaaand, a new error that apparently has something to do with the Storyteller, so probably pretty much non-reproducible: https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/eb4875d0fcaae257baac78ae6375bbe5

Canute

300 mods that mean, 299 possible mod conflicts.
From my expirience it is nearly impossible to have a 100% error free gameplay with that many mods.
It just depend what error show up and what are the consequence for the gameplay.
Mosttimes you can keep playing and the error have no/less influence on the gameplay.
In your case an incident won't start, but when the error is repeating it prolly prevent that trader/visitor will leave the map, or that other incidents can happen.

You can try to manual delete that incident from your safegame. Just open it with an texteditor, look for <incidentqueue> or <queuedincident> until you find a list of them.
Then delete the first from <li> to </li>.
Don't forget to backup first :-)

Yeah, you're probably right about not being able to make so many mods work flawlessly together, but I was already surprised I could eliminate errors on startup alone. :D

I usually tended to ignore any errors that didn't seem to have any ingame consequence, but I think I occasionally took that a bit far and ended up with way too many error messages popping up.

Good to know about the incident thing, thanks!

I also think I narrowed the problematic mod down to 'Fermenter' by Pelador. I have no idea how this can make Rimworld crash (I expected something far more 'nefarious'), but it does for me.

Another rimworld_log (because I don't get a HugsLibLog when Rimworld CTD's out of the blue; this time it's the whole file, because it's so relatively short (with my username redacted)):

Mono path[0] = '/home/USERNAME/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/RimWorld/./RimWorldLinux_Data/Managed'
Mono config path = '/home/USERNAME/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/RimWorld/./RimWorldLinux_Data/MonoBleedingEdge/etc'
Preloaded 'libCSteamworks.so'
Preloaded 'libsteam_api.so'
Preloaded 'ScreenSelector.so'
Display 0 'DELL U2312HM 23"': 1920x1080 (primary device).
Desktop is 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
Initialize engine version: 2019.2.17f1 (8e603399ca02)
[XR] Discovering subsystems at path /home/USERNAME/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/RimWorld/./RimWorldLinux_Data/UnitySubsystems
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Renderer: AMD BARTS (DRM 2.50.0 / 5.6.15-arch1-1, LLVM 10.0.0)
Vendor:   X.Org
Version:  3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 20.0.7
GLES:     0
GL_AMD_conservative_depth GL_AMD_depth_clamp_separate GL_AMD_draw_buffers_blend GL_AMD_multi_draw_indirect GL_AMD_performance_monitor GL_AMD_pinned_memory GL_AMD_query_buffer_object GL_AMD_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_AMD_shader_stencil_export GL_AMD_shader_trinary_minmax GL_AMD_texture_texture4 GL_AMD_vertex_shader_layer GL_AMD_vertex_shader_viewport_index GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt3 GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt5 GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_ES3_1_compatibility GL_ARB_ES3_2_compatibility GL_ARB_ES3_compatibility GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays GL_ARB_base_instance GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_buffer_storage GL_ARB_clear_buffer_object GL_ARB_clear_texture GL_ARB_clip_control GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage GL_ARB_compute_shader GL_ARB_conditional_render_inverted GL_ARB_conservative_depth GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_copy_image GL_ARB_cull_distance GL_ARB_debug_output GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_derivative_control GL_ARB_direct_state_access GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB
_draw_buffers_blend GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_draw_indirect GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_enhanced_layouts GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_explicit_uniform_location GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_fragment_layer_viewport GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_framebuffer_no_attachments GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_get_program_binary GL_ARB_get_texture_sub_image GL_ARB_gpu_shader5 GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_internalformat_query GL_ARB_internalformat_query2 GL_ARB_invalidate_subdata GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment GL_ARB_map_buffer_range GL_ARB_multi_bind GL_ARB_multi_draw_indirect GL_ARB_occlusion_query2 GL_ARB_parallel_shader_compile GL_ARB_pipeline_statistics_query GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_polygon_offset_clamp GL_ARB_program_interface_query GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_query_buffer_object GL_ARB_robust_buffer_access_behavior GL_ARB_robustness GL_ARB_sample_shading GL_ARB_sampler_ob
jects GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map GL_ARB_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_atomic_counter_ops GL_ARB_shader_atomic_counters GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding GL_ARB_shader_clock GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store GL_ARB_shader_image_size GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_precision GL_ARB_shader_stencil_export GL_ARB_shader_storage_buffer_object GL_ARB_shader_subroutine GL_ARB_shader_texture_image_samples GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack GL_ARB_shading_language_include GL_ARB_shading_language_packing GL_ARB_stencil_texturing GL_ARB_sync GL_ARB_tessellation_shader GL_ARB_texture_barrier GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object_rgb32 GL_ARB_texture_buffer_range GL_ARB_texture_compression_bptc GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc GL_ARB_texture_cube_map_array GL_ARB_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_gather GL_ARB_texture_mirror_clamp_to_edge GL_ARB_texture_multisample GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_texture_query
_levels GL_ARB_texture_query_lod GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_texture_rg GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui GL_ARB_texture_stencil8 GL_ARB_texture_storage GL_ARB_texture_storage_multisample GL_ARB_texture_swizzle GL_ARB_texture_view GL_ARB_timer_query GL_ARB_transform_feedback2 GL_ARB_transform_feedback3 GL_ARB_transform_feedback_instanced GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra GL_ARB_vertex_array_object GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_binding GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_vertex_type_10f_11f_11f_rev GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev GL_ARB_viewport_array GL_ATI_blend_equation_separate GL_ATI_meminfo GL_ATI_texture_float GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_EXT_EGL_image_storage GL_EXT_EGL_sync GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_draw_buffers2 GL_EXT_draw_instanced GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_packed_float GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_
object GL_EXT_polygon_offset_clamp GL_EXT_provoking_vertex GL_EXT_shader_integer_mix GL_EXT_texture_array GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_integer GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_R8 GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent GL_EXT_texture_snorm GL_EXT_texture_swizzle GL_EXT_timer_query GL_EXT_transform_feedback GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra GL_IBM_multimode_draw_arrays GL_KHR_context_flush_control GL_KHR_debug GL_KHR_no_error GL_KHR_parallel_shader_compile GL_KHR_robust_buffer_access_behavior GL_KHR_robustness GL_KHR_texture_compression_astc_ldr GL_KHR_texture_compression_astc_sliced_3d GL_MESA_pack_invert GL_MESA_shader_integer_functions GL_MESA_texture_signed_rgba GL_NVX_gpu_memory_info GL_NV_conditional_render GL_NV_depth_clamp GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil GL_NV_texture_barrier GL_NV_vdpau_interop GL_OES_EGL_image GL_S3_s3tc
OPENGL LOG: Creating OpenGL 3.3 graphics device ; Context level  <OpenGL 3.3> ; Context handle 42896016
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
- Completed reload, in  0.071 seconds
Default vsync count 1
requesting resize 1920 x 1080
Using native desktop resolution 1920 x 1080
requesting fullscreen 1920 x 1080 at 0 Hz
UnloadTime: 0.786868 ms
Command line arguments: -logfile /tmp/rimworld_log
RimWorld 1.1.2654 rev674
Fallback handler could not load library /home/USERNAME/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/RimWorld/./RimWorldLinux_Data/Mono/data-0x7f7fe4221320.so
Fallback handler could not load library /home/USERNAME/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/RimWorld/./RimWorldLinux_Data/Mono/data-0x7f7fe41703e0.so
Fallback handler could not load library /home/USERNAME/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/RimWorld/./RimWorldLinux_Data/Mono/data-0x7f7fe4173640.so
Fallback handler could not load library /home/USERNAME/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/RimWorld/./RimWorldLinux_Data/Mono/data-0x7f7fe41793d0.so
Fallback handler could not load library /home/USERNAME/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/RimWorld/./RimWorldLinux_Data/Mono/data-0x7f7fe41807f0.so
Fallback handler could not load library /home/USERNAME/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/RimWorld/./RimWorldLinux_Data/Mono/data-0x7f7fe43eaca0.so
Fallback handler could not load library /home/USERNAME/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/RimWorld/./RimWorldLinux_Data/Mono/data-0x7f7fe4571e20.so
Fallback handler could not load library /home/USERNAME/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/RimWorld/./RimWorldLinux_Data/Mono/./libmonosgen-2.0
Fallback handler could not load library /home/USERNAME/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/RimWorld/./RimWorldLinux_Data/Mono/./libmonosgen-2.0.so
Fallback handler could not load library /home/USERNAME/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/RimWorld/./RimWorldLinux_Data/Mono/libmonosgen-2.0
Fermenter has checked 16 fermentation definitions.
Unloading 5 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)

Unloading 51 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 10772.
Total: 128.868539 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.688881 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.355154 ms MarkObjects: 127.682630 ms  DeleteObjects: 0.141322 ms)

Unloading 3 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
UnloadTime: 0.409376 ms
requesting resize 1920 x 1080
Using native desktop resolution 1920 x 1080
requesting fullscreen 1920 x 1080 at 0 Hz

Unloading 4 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 11304.
Total: 129.240617 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.665933 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.467634 ms MarkObjects: 128.024926 ms  DeleteObjects: 0.081282 ms)

Initializing new game with mods:
  - brrainz.harmony
  - Ludeon.RimWorld
  - pelador.fermenter
Failed to find all necessary river flow data

(Filename: ./Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

Unloading 0 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)

Unloading 0 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 15807.
Total: 178.014256 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.896395 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.711832 ms MarkObjects: 176.364690 ms  DeleteObjects: 0.040790 ms)

Obtained 19 stack frames.
#0  0x00000040f96cce in (Unknown)
#1  0x0000004126ca6c in Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick ()
#2  0x00000041266048 in Verse.Pawn:Tick ()
#3  0x000000412624c0 in Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick ()
#4  0x0000004122f3e0 in Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate ()
#5  0x00000040b275ea in (wrapper runtime-invoke) object:runtime_invoke_void__this__ (object,intptr,intptr,intptr)
#6  0x007f80818de389 in mono_print_method_from_ip
#7  0x007f8081a4a167 in mono_perfcounter_foreach
#8  0x007f8081a4b014 in mono_runtime_invoke
#9  0x00000000d6cfb4 in (Unknown)
#10 0x00000000d690e1 in (Unknown)
#11 0x00000000d4840f in (Unknown)
#12 0x00000000aaf50a in (Unknown)
#13 0x00000000c2306a in (Unknown)
#14 0x00000000c23128 in (Unknown)
#15 0x00000000c26550 in (Unknown)
#16 0x00000000435fba in (Unknown)
#17 0x007f8095f21002 in __libc_start_main
#18 0x00000000445d93 in (Unknown)

Canute

I saw you allready tried to contact the mod author, that is the best way to get help.

Yeah, the problem is that the mod author also doesn't use Linux. He seems to also think that this might be an OS problem, so I made a thread in the regular Bug section in the hope that a developer takes a look at it and possibly tells me how to provide better logs, or something. After all, this might be a base game problem that only shows when using mods, or something.