[1.1.2647] Manhunters with scaria can't be made into pets

Started by TC, May 31, 2020, 11:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TC

According to the release notes, it should be possible to turn a manhunter with scaria into a pet: "Scaria can also be cured quite easily if you down an animal with it, which makes it possible to make them into pets or meat for slaughter if you are ready to trade medicine for food."

However, there doesn't seem to be any way to actually make a manhunter into a pet, since maddened animals can't be tamed, and they never un-madden.

Canute

Did you try to down a manhunter animal ?
Then you can rescue it, and try to cure scaria.
After you cured it, i think it should be possible to tame it.

hechicera

Replied in general too. Not sure if it is just "cows" or a change last patch. I got a manhunter cow invasion and downed one without scaria. Then rescued it, healed it .. but the manhunter never wore off.  Went through three cycles of down/heal/manhunt/down/heal/manhunt ...

Previously the first sleep once rescued would have the manhunter wear off.

TC

I first observed this in 1.1.2647 with a cow, but I've observed it again in 1.1.2654 with a dromedary. Same problem as before. There doesn't seem to be any path to turn a manhunter with scaria into a pet.

I have tried downing the animal, curing scaria, and then going through 3 or 4 cycles of beating the animal unconscious every time it awakens. (Not quite in the same cycle Hechicera described; I don't heal the animal each cycle, as I don't have that option.) I have also tried downing the animal, curing scaria, and leaving it alone for >3 days. In each case, after the cure, there is never an option to rescue, heal, or tame, regardless of whether the animal is awake, asleep, or downed. The animal stays maddened until death.

I am running these mods:

• Colony Manager V2
  • Combat Extended
  • Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion
  • Work Tab
  • Wall Light
I am curious to know if anyone has successfully turned a manhunter with scaria into a pet, and if so, how you did it. Can anyone confirm Canute's speculation that, after scaria is cured, taming should be possible?