[1.1.2609] If Ambrosia lands in a grow zone, pawns will sow over it immediately

Started by parasocks, April 23, 2020, 06:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoE123_88

you can take advantage of the cultivation areas with ragweed, if the ragweed grows and you create a cultivation zone on it, by abolishing the cultivation and sowing, the settlers will automatically harvest the ragweed once grown, otherwise you have to be careful and quick

ison

What do you mean they will sow over it? Will they automatically harvest it? I think it's working as intended, unless there's some other bug here.

parasocks

I mean as soon as the Ambrosia lands (before it matures) pawns will come over and clobber it by sowing/re-sowing whatever the area is zoned for. So if it landed in a corn patch, they'll come and plant corn over the ambrosia right away.

Since Ambrosia seems like a rare/valuable thing, maybe it doesn't make sense to just destroy it automatically for nothing if it lands in a growing zone I was thinking.

Canute

Ison,
i think he got someone far away from his base a growing zone at some rich soil plot to grow something. Ofcouse that growing zone has sowing allowed enabled since he use it.
Now the ambrosia spout at that spot, and ofcouse the pawn will sow the plant that the growing zone is set to and destroy the ambrosia.
That is normal behavior, and not a bug. You just disappointed that they do it with ambrosia too.
But ambrosia is just another weed that has nothing to do at the corn field.

An expierenced player would create a new growing zone over the ambrosia plant (as soon the message appear) and set it to sowing disable.

ison

Ah, I see, thanks for the explanation. So colonists will destroy it before it even matures. One solution would be to just avoid spawning it in growing zones, but it could be a bit exploitable as the players could easily mark the entire map as a growing zone. Maybe we just need to warn the player.

Canute

You can turn off sowing if the ambrosia sprout at a growing zone.
But i bet some other player will mention that shouldn't happen.
Since Ambrosia sprout is an event with even a notification you need to click away, i think anything is fine.
The original post just got just got surpised that his pawn declase ambrosia as regular weed and removed it from the growing zone.

UltimateTobi

Quote from: ison on April 27, 2020, 05:53:32 AM
Ah, I see, thanks for the explanation. So colonists will destroy it before it even matures. One solution would be to just avoid spawning it in growing zones, but it could be a bit exploitable as the players could easily mark the entire map as a growing zone. Maybe we just need to warn the player.
Yeah I think a warning would suffice.
Your generic Steam user.

parasocks

Warning is good, but you'd need to act on it almost immediately, as if there's pawns nearby they'll walk right over and start sowing/clobbering.