[1.1.2647] Releasing damaged prisoner is considered as releasing healthy.

Started by BorisZ, May 31, 2020, 11:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BorisZ

When releasing prisoner with lots of injures (bandaged, but still not healed) and even with health condition (infection), got a message about full +12 reputation increase with faction, the message also says that the guy left the map healthy.
Now, who will say this guy is healthy:
https://imgur.com/XXZirQp

The events were as follows: sappers from fierce tribe came, when they were partially dead, partially downed, partially fleeing, I captured and bandaged one of their downed guys. And now checking out, what can I do with him.

Canute

I think you overinterpretet the " left the map healthy."
I don't think he need to be full healed, he just need to leave the map and didn't collapse before.

But basicly it is a nice suggestion to reduce the +12 reputation multiplied with the health percent. So a full healed pawn give +12, while someone who barley move give just +3-4
But ask yourself, you wakeup at the base of your hated enemy, would you stay until healed and get released (logical) or do you want leave immidatly to get away from these (emotional) ? :-)

If you want more reputation each prisoner, you should caravan then to their settlement and gift them (+36 each).

BorisZ

I've rescued allied downed soldiers too, and they stay in my hospital for a long time if seriously injured. After that they go to the edge of the map and same message appears - pawn left map healthy, reputation increased. In this case, saying "healthy" makes sense.

I understand game mechanics you explained, but regarding such released prisoners, a message saying "healthy" is quite wrong and misleading. That particular guy I released had infection. If someone thinks of that prisoner story, that story gonna be sad, like death from infection.

Canute

But the rescured pawn leave the map at their own. With the pressure of the community the dev's changed it that rescued pawn stay at the hospital bed until full healed. Because at the past they start to leave once they arn't incap. anymore and mosttimes didn't made it to the map border because of their injuries.
But for prisoner YOU decide when you want to throw out them of the prison.
When they are healthy, their chance are better, and don't forget to put parka's at the prison before when you striped them before if you life on ice.

BorisZ

See, you say some right words: "at their own". There is a place where game text says the right words for someone who previously couldn't walk and now can walk by themselves. When somebody is healed enough to walk or no longer unconsciousness after anesthetic,  game text says "John Doe is no longer incapable of walking". Not John Doe is healthy. So, why not say the right words about pawn leaving the map too?

Canute

Ok, the bug is the word "healthy" at the msg.  "xyz has left the map healthy".

Currently there is no difference if release the prisoner half dead bleeding or full health.
You allways get the +12 relation if he made it to the border.

Let the dev's decide about it.