error when launching the game

Started by Boloss31, June 11, 2020, 03:24:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boloss31

hi i use a lot of mods tried to put them in order...Comin' back to rimworld after two years and the version has changed apparently/
but got this window at the launching of the game
don't understand anything. Could anyone read a bit of it to explain to me what's going on?
see the attachment

I know that's boring but thanks to those who will read it.

Boloss31

and the end of the window. Thank you for reading me that's a bit boring

Canute

Hi,
at first did you wonder what these shiny green button "Share logs" you can see on your pictures do ? :-)

Red text = error.
Yellow text = warning, can be ignored.
White text = notifications,debug messages, can be ignored, some mod produce so much of these you can call it SPAM, and fill up the log file.

You can either use a search at your Mods folder for some keywords like "sowResearchPre...." that should lead you to the mod which use that keyword.
Or disable all mod's just to see if the installation alone is error free and don't have any surplus files from old installations.
Then slowly rebuild the modlist at small batches, so you notice early when a mod cause errors.

Once you identify these mod that cause errors, you can look for updates (if you don't use workshop), check if you have installed all required mods or check the mod discussion about known problems or ask the mod author.

You should disable all mods at first.
Just to check if the

Boloss31

thanks i'll do that...i use the workshop btw. then i check every mod one by one.

Boloss31

i nearly succeeded. Most of mods are ok i still have this harvest thing in red don't know what it is. Which mod it could be. I canceled all the soils mods.

Boloss31

it stems from vgp vegetables garden but know i have that :"Could not resolve cross-reference to Verse.BodyPartTagDef named FertilitySource (wanter=tags)
Failed to find Verse.BodyPartTagDef named FertilitySource. There are 23 defs of this type loaded."

Canute

You shouldn't use 2 mods that basicly do the same.
Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering
Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion

Maybe sort your list like
Libaries (Harmony,hugslib,...)
Quality of life mods, tweaks (Static Quality, EdB Prepare Carefully,...)
Mod that add items you like to have most of the time (Extended Storage,Doors Expanded,...)
Weapon/armor mods.
Faction and races.
But you don't need that, until you have all required mods loaded before the needed mod the load order doesn't matter.

It is hard to tell what mod cause the
"Verse.BodyPartTagDef named FertilitySource"
from the bodypart part i would say any medicin mod, but the FertilitySource and medicin ???
If you did the search at the Mods folder before try it with the keyworld "FertilitySource" maybe you find any.
Beside that you only can disable mods to find the source. Yes i know it is frustration, that you can't see what mod cause these error msg.

Quoteis there a vgp vegetable mod compatible with that version 1.1.2654?
Why do you think the version didn't work with that version ?