[1.1.2654] Psychically Deaf Pawn with Psylink won't stop Meditating

Started by alienfunk, June 03, 2020, 03:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alienfunk

Playing on Mac if that matters, but I suspect it doesn't.

One of my pawns is an Acolyte with a level 2 Psylink. He can't do anything with it, but that's fine and makes sense. However, with the new update where we can select the desired Psyfocus level and pawns will meditate accordingly to get to that level, this Pawn never stops meditating (except to eat, sleep, and recreate). I believe this is because he can't actually accumulate Psyfocus.

This sort of makes sense... but since I can't actually change the desired Psyfocus for this pawn (The Heat and Psyfocus panel does not appear when selecting Psychically Deaf Pawns), he's just stuck at 0% Psyfocus, presumably trying in vain to get to the default 50% Psyfocus forever, which he can't do.

I'd suggest either making that panel visible for all pawns, making pawns that are psychically deaf never meditate, or at least allow a toggle somewhere else that lets me declare that a pawn will never meditate no matter what.

evilgiraffe666

I have a similar but different problem.

My pawn isn't psychically deaf, their desired focus is set to 50% and they can achieve that.
The problem is that they meditate for 3 seconds, reach 50.3% or thereabouts, then go to work. As soon as their next job is finished and they're on 49.9% focus, they run back to the throne, for another 3 seconds.
We could use an upper and lower limit option, similar to recreation - they'll ignore the focus until it dips below a low threshold, then they meditate until it's above a higher threshold.
At the moment we have to enforce meditation through daily routine, or put up with a horribly inefficient pawn (or micro the focus levels, setting it to 60/40 whenever they start/finish meditating)

It's all a step in the right direction, but needed a bit more thought - your problem is a great example of something that should have been considered in design or caught in testing.

ison

Nowhere

First issue is fixed for the next build.

@evilgiraffe666 can you create a separate topic for your bug report and upload a save file, please?