Looking for a specific set of tutorials, pls help!

Started by lance789, June 02, 2020, 11:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lance789

Im working on the assets of my first mod and I hope it will be a big one that adds  a lot to Rimworld. I'm no programmer, so i I have plans to reach out to anyone willing to help with coding the mod. Right now, I'm working entirely on visual assets (pawns, buildings, etc), though I will have a more formal thread made for what it is im aiming to create (gonna take a while to make this thread).

For now, I'm looking for specific tutorials:

• Adding glow to pawns/objects
  • Animated textures for pawns/buildings
  • Creating a faction
  • Creating patches that allow a mod to use pawns/assets from other mods
  • Creating modules for a series of thematic mods (like wanting seperate mods for pawns, factions, decor, buildings, etc)
  • Allowing modded pawns to spawn with mechanoid raids and mech clusters

Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

LWM

• Adding glow to pawns/objects
This is "hard" - the CompGlower will easily add glow to things that don't move, but once they move it's harder.  A few people have managed.  Someone did mining helmets, I think? And maybe vehicles?  So you might look for that and see how they did it.

RawCode

it's no longer hard after reading unity docs and tutorials about unity rendering.
only issue with "light sources" - they eat FPS.

LWM

I meant "hard" in the sense of "you would have to do it yourself, instead of having RimWorld do it."

RimWorld creates a static background glow level that probably eases that FPS thing (or maybe not, I'm sure you know more about it than I do!), but it doesn't work with anything moving, so....I called it "hard" :)

RawCode

rimworld de facto "open source", get notepad++ and dnspy and check how things are done, copypaste stuff and you will get your modification after "some" time.