is there a simple way of making double sword sprites render in-game?

Started by Piratax10, May 31, 2020, 09:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piratax10

The first and only.

My Mods:
Plazma Burst 2 Weapons Pack: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=48663.msg458089#msg458089

Piratax10

Bump, it doesn't need to be "simple" anymore, just teach me a way of making it possible :v
The first and only.

My Mods:
Plazma Burst 2 Weapons Pack: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=48663.msg458089#msg458089

Canute

I have no clue, but some mods got double blades. Maybe take a look into these.

Piratax10

The first and only.

My Mods:

RawCode

Well, this is help section, not "do it for me"...

1) Dnspy
there is special fork of ilspy but i won't recommend it
2) Check games sources for place, that used to render and animate single weapon.
with cecil or similar tool you can edit assembly c# directly for testing, there are no integrity checks in game
later you will need harmony (or inject your custom code by other means)
also it's possible to recompile entire assembly, you will have some errors related to lambda and syntax sugar but it's like hour to fix everything
3) You also will need some additional coding to implement "equip right and equip left" commands and modify pawn "inventory container" to allow multiple weapons to be picked and used at same time.

4) this is possible with XML only by implementing weapon sprite that looks like two or more blades and adding two or more attack verbs to it, but this won't be true "dual wield" and won't allow to have different blades in hands.

if you hit some issues with steps above, just ask about specific issue.

and original answer is
Everything is possible because you are allowed to bring custom code into game, including native code, technically you can run minecraft from inside of rimworld if you want to, or bring any other function, like FTP server or web browser, because there are no limits at all.

Piratax10

Quote from: RawCode on June 11, 2020, 02:50:43 AM
Well, this is help section, not "do it for me"...

1) Dnspy
there is special fork of ilspy but i won't recommend it
2) Check games sources for place, that used to render and animate single weapon.
with cecil or similar tool you can edit assembly c# directly for testing, there are no integrity checks in game
later you will need harmony (or inject your custom code by other means)
also it's possible to recompile entire assembly, you will have some errors related to lambda and syntax sugar but it's like hour to fix everything
3) You also will need some additional coding to implement "equip right and equip left" commands and modify pawn "inventory container" to allow multiple weapons to be picked and used at same time.

4) this is possible with XML only by implementing weapon sprite that looks like two or more blades and adding two or more attack verbs to it, but this won't be true "dual wield" and won't allow to have different blades in hands.

if you hit some issues with steps above, just ask about specific issue.

and original answer is
Everything is possible because you are allowed to bring custom code into game, including native code, technically you can run minecraft from inside of rimworld if you want to, or bring any other function, like FTP server or web browser, because there are no limits at all.

I am not here to beg for solutions, i am not trying to be the cringy guy who wants everything to be done for him without he even learning anything in the first place, i am here to ask for guidance... last time that i asked if it was possible to add dual-wield swords all i was anwered with is "it's hard" without any tips or anything at all...

4th seems like the one i am seeking, all i wanted was a weapon that looked like dual-wield, without anything special (maybe could add special attributes later)

Thank you for the tips!
The first and only.

My Mods: