Monument impossible to construct

Started by roflc0ptic, June 12, 2020, 09:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roflc0ptic

Hi there! Thanks so much for developing this game. I think I'm at about 500 hours. I think I ran into my first bug! I imagine the solution for me here might just be modifying the XML file a little bit to make the monument coherent. Glancing around the forum I see that other people have reported this, but they were a little lighter on detail.

1. What the circumstances were.
Doing an unmodded playthrough without using developer tools or futzing with any files. I have the royalty DLC installed, but otherwise should have a vanilla, up to date install. I play through steam.

2. What happened.
I received a monument quest called "Shining Building". The monument is apparently impossible to complete. There are four sarcophaguses which overlap with a wall section. When I try to construct it, I

3. What you expected to happen.

4. Steps we can follow to make the bug appear on our machine. This part is important! We need a set of steps which we can follow to get the same results you're seeing. Ideally you'll test these steps to make sure they work from scratch.
I think if you use the savegame file supplied, the issue should be readily visible. Just navigate to the east side of the map and the problematic monument should be visible.

5. Savegame file
It's very helpful to include a savegame, especially when you have trouble reproducing the bug.
Okay, just kidding. The save file is 13mb, but this is limiting to only ~1MB. I can email it if you like.

Rmidebardem

I also have an impossible to construct monument. It looks like the walls overlap with some of the things in the blueprint, so it cannot be made.

Here is the save file: https://mega.nz/file/TdFCBQwL#TDsb88D5tJu3rnnQcqf8XLuR30uuNu9ztPAaQ1fdLHk

Lipti

i cant help you but im sure it can be easly fixed bu ading code  wich adds an rule if something is overlaping something else then remove one of the structures or move it somewhere else

Vincent

Another one... this bug is becoming annoying.

barrett777

This happened to me as well.  Looks like someone already uploaded a save file so I won't go through the trouble.

In my case it is four Sarcophagi overlapping with doors

There are four little rooms inside the monument, two on the left and two on the right.  You can see the red highlight in the bottom left one.  I can build sarcophagi or doors, but can't find a way to place both

steviebuk

I think they are all bugged at the moment. I'm getting ones where you choose what material you want. It will build almost all of it and one item will oddly be left, click it and it says the blueprint hasn't been set (but I already have), its possible to choose a different material for that item.

Vincent

You can choose any material for each part of your monument, there is no isue in that.

Another one I just got.

kekmeistur

I have also encountered this problem, screenshot attached. Note that I have tried to manually add the tables in the center, which unfortunately did not solve the problem.

ison

Thanks for the reports everyone. This bug should now be fixed on the unstable branch.