Rebel Psycaster Playthrough not currently possible

Started by Orangechaos, June 14, 2020, 03:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orangechaos

Hi, I wanted to bring to the dev attention that since the latest patch (all about creating choices) for how to play as a Psycaster, the Rebel (i.e.) hostile to the empire is not currently playable. Other than "The Deserter" quest which allows you to go hostile and gain 2 psylink neuroformers at the start, I have played all the way to the end game and ship reactor prep without being offered a single chance to increase or acquire other psylink neuroformers. Since they have been removed from trader inventories and none of the 50+ quests completed have offered a single one as a reward. The only new psycasters I was able to acquire were tribal background and the Anema tree or take royals prisoner and recruit them. I fell this needs to change. Either increase the spawn rate a quest reward when hostile to the empire or allow traders to sell them again. Or allow us to capture royal title holders and take there's somehow. Love the new DLC context, great additions to the game!

Fakeaccount123

Yes i agree with that. I think that there should be some changes in the way the neuroformers are obtained. In my current playthrough i was able to recruit 2 psychically sensitive pawns almost at the same time. One of them is a tribal the other isnĀ“t. Now the tribal pawn is a level 6 psycaster thanks to the anima tree mechanic and the non-tribal pawn is a level 1 psycaster thanks to a single psyformer i was able to buy before the update. Psyformers are very hard to obtain while there is a big incentive to recruit a lot of tribal pawns and put them to meditate and speed up the anima tree process.

barbegueChiggen

+1 for this. i chose to rebel at the start of my file, got a quest that rewarded 2 psylink neuroformers, but I have yet to see any more of those items, and i'm not sure how to level those colonists' psycasting further. all of my higher psycasters are tribal members with Natural meditation types, gotten through Anima grass / linking rituals.

Ukas

Isn't the rebel option there mainly for people, who don't want to play quests? 

Orangechaos

Hey Ukas, I believe Tynan did want a rebel outlander type faction with some Psycasters as one of the options for types of play. Otherwise why offer the specific quest "The Deserter" that everyone gets at the beginning of a new play through. I just feel that it needs to be flushed out a bit better so that if you pursue that line you can follow up with a high chance of additional "rebel" quests that allow the option to get more Psylinks via fighting against the empire. I think this would be an easy change since these quests would only be offered to players who are hostile with the empire to avoid players having royal title holders and then also tons of quests offering Psylinks on top.