Version compatibility issue?

Started by DopeyRooster, June 14, 2020, 11:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DopeyRooster

I am new to RimWorld.
I am new to this forum.
I searched for place to post this, and to ensure no such post already existed, and landed here.

I recently, maybe a week ago, installed RimWorld. I installed the Royalty expansion about an hour ago hoping it would solve my issue. I downloaded the following mods from RimWorldBase.com, with some links pointing me to MediaFire.com. They all appear in the mods menu in game but when I enable them I get the following message:

"This mod was not made for this version of RimWorld, and will probably not work correctly."

Harmony
Core
Royalty
HugsLib
JecsTools
Centralized Climate Control
Simple sidearms
Allow Tool
Hospitality
Children, school and learning
Wall Light
Door Mat R1.0
[RF] Fishing [1.0]
Pharmacist
Prepare Carefully
Work Tab
Mod Manager

Although I may have missed a couple, I am fairly certain that all of the mods are compatible with 1.1. Perhaps not with 1.1.2654? I could be installing them incorrectly.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I am new to playing RimWorld but I have been watching people play modded and vanilla for years and I really want to scratch that proverbial itch.
Go away or I shall taunt you again!

Canute

Hi,
Mod version need to match the rimworld version.
At main menu top left you should see the rimworld version.
Currently it should be 1.1.2564, that show you that you use the 1.1 version, while a few mod's show 1.0 at their names.
And at the ingame modmanager the mod names would be red, which show that is something wrong like the wrong version.

Sometimes it can happen when the mod author didn't follow the right file structure that you have no mod folder (About,Defs,.... are at Mods folder) or that you have a double mod folder (Mods/Modname/Modname/About,Defs,.... ).
You just need to recognize this when you manual install mods.

Someone made a nice Offline Mod-Manager tool, called RimPy.
Together with SteamCMD the latest developer build allow you to comfortable download and update steam workshop mods, without an steam account.
Since 95% all mod's are on the workshop it is a nice feature for non-steam user.
You can get the developer build from RimPy at this discord channel
https://discord.gg/SAx5umn

Btw, Royality is just a big mod too, so when you update Rimworld you should update Royalty at the same process too.

tertius

I also started Rimworld only a few weeks ago, and I use the Steam version and I am using mods from the Steam Workshop only. This works flawlessly, without a single issue. Steam Workshop tags the mods for versions 1.1, 1.0 and the early beta versions. Since the current Rimworld version is 1.1, I only use mods that are tagged with 1.1.
Steam manages updates for installed mods as well, so everything is always up to date. As I said, never had a single issue. Not a single crash, not a single error message about anything.
Using Steam Workshop relieves you from keeping your mods updated manually, and it helps to only install mods made for your game version. It just works.

DopeyRooster

Roger that, folks! I appreciate the help!

The mods in the game menu are listed yellow, rather than grey, but not red. I will check the versions of the mods that I have anyway, just to be sure. I feel like a dummy with the mods listed as 1.0, that should have been obvious, but I am fairly certain at least SOME of them are 1.1 leading me to believe that I may have done something wrong elsewhere.

If I downloaded the game from RimWorldGame.com, rather than through Steam, would the Steam installer/mod manager still interface properly? Admittedly, I am worried about game issues caused by asynchronous version control as well. Though I am new to playing, I have been watching streamers and YouTubers play this game for years and it seems that issues caused by mods updating at different times, particularly through Steam's auto-update, is not rare. I'm not throwing shade at the mod makers by saying that. I'm not a mod maker (yet) but I know how fickle updating code can be at times. I have an old Steam account that I have not logged into in quite some time, a few years at least, so I might look into it anyway.

The Royalty expansion being "just a big mod" is an interesting point that I didn't think of. I installed it and it works. Albeit, in the data folder as opposed to the mods folder. I will do some more poking around. If Steam does not interface with an off-Steam download then I will certainly look in to RimPy.

DopeyRooster

IT WORKS!! All of them work despite having 1.0 in the title. Perhaps the version listed in the title is out of sync? Or maybe it is the version of the mod regardless of the game version? I'm not sure.

The file path was incorrect. Mod name listed twice was the culprit.

If it isn't too much to ask; could the questions in my last post still get answered?

I appreciate the help!

Canute

Compared to steam which allways update game and mod on start, you need to start RimPy and click on update.
So no autoupdates.

Data folder is just a seperation, so the player see these are from the developers rather then mods.
In the pre-Royality time,s Core was located at Mods too.
So Core and Royality are just 2 big mods :-)