SectionLayer Building Shadows

Started by jacob814, June 22, 2020, 05:04:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacob814

I was curious if anyone knew which of the SectionLayers handled the moving building shadows that move around with the sun. Im looking at the code and either SectionLayer_SunShadow or SectionLayer_EdgeShadows but Im having a hard time figuring out which one. Also, this code looks generated by a unity program, or at least the de-compiled code does. If I wanted to make my own SecitonLayer, would it be best to attempt to replicate the code present or use the aforementioned program?

I understand this is a bit complicated to get into. I am asking this as I am looking into adding a sectionLayer for walls that don't block light to mimic sunlight going through the window. It would need to be layered on top of the SectionLayer_LightingOverlay and possibly whatever layer handles the building shadows, the tricky part being only displaying the sunlight inside rooms that have walls that border the outside. Its a bit more complicated than that but this should give you an idea.

Im afraid that there are only a select few people to help me, namely Tynan who I assume created the original code, but its worth a try to ask.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights