How to reverse finsish all research?!?!

Started by OverLabyss, June 25, 2020, 07:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OverLabyss

So I used dev mode to finish all research to make a cheat base. Is there a way to take it away again. So that I am going to have to research all again?

ไฮไลท์บอล

Canute

There is no way to revert it back.
You should safe your game before, if you want test out things with the dev. tools.
Then you can reload your safegame.

PicaMula

Quote from: OverLabyss on June 25, 2020, 07:25:10 AM
So I used dev mode to finish all research to make a cheat base. Is there a way to take it away again. So that I am going to have to research all again?
%u0E44%u0E2E%u0E44%u0E25%u0E17%u0E4C%u0E1A%u0E2D%u0E25

Yes there is one way that I'm aware of, but it involves save editing:

Your saves are probably on this path: "C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\Saves", or just search explorer for your colony name and you will find it.
First, make a backup of your save file, then open it in a text editor like notepad (I recommend Notepad++ tho).
Search for the tag "<researchManager>", inside it there is another tag named "<progress>", inside that one there are two tags "<keys>" and "<values>".
The values inside "<keys>" correspond to the research names like "PsychoidBrewing", "TreeSowing", etc.
The values inside "<values>" are numbers representing how many research points were researched for each of the names inside "<keys>".
So for instance, if you want to forget you researched "TreeSowing" (in my save it's the second one listed in the <keys>), you can change the second line in <values> from "<li>1000</li>" back to "<li>0</li>". That means your colony has zero research points in TreeSowing.

Do this for all technologies you want to forget, save the file and load it normally in RimWorld. Don't forget to make the backup tho in case you mess something up. You can easily corrupt a save file editing it like this.

Bozobub

Oh very well done, PicaMula *unsarcastic smattering of applause* :).
Thanks, belgord!