UI issues after recent update?

Started by ChaosShifter, July 03, 2020, 01:22:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosShifter

So... Part of my issue is surely that I'm running 239 mods... So I know the issue is something in there. However I'm on year 7 of this colony and everything has been running nice and smooth. I had taken a few weeks off to play a different game and when I came back I updated to Rimworld 1.1.2654. Everything has been OK for a while, but then randomly the bottom UI display disappeared and about half my colonists portraits up top also disappeared. I can still click the invisible menus and colonists and the subsequent menus pop up..... Only then the menu boxes stay up even after the menu disappears in some cases.

Needless to say this makes the game pretty much unplayable. The strange thing is I can't identify why this is happening, which mod, or what triggers in game. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the situation. I load my game and play as-normal with no problem for a while. Sometimes 5 minutes, other times an hour, but no matter how much time eventually the menu disappears as do the right half of the colonist portraits at the top. Every time. So I save, reload, and everything is fine for a while again until it happens again.

I've got a screenshot here: https://imgur.com/5zfUoJ9

Here is the log: https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/af60f6e34fcddba1fc20d3099d7f3a08

Anyone have any clue what could possibly be causing this? I have been messing with it for a week now. It's almost got me ready to throw in the towel on this play through and set the game down or a while.

Canute

Hi,
the error contained "Moodbar" then you should look first into these mods.

ChaosShifter

Yeah, I saw that and dug into all the moodbar mods (3 of them I could find) and even running with all 3 taken out this problem still persisted. Super frustrating.

Canute

When you deactivate these mods, you need to load,save,load the safegame to check if has any effect.
Don't forget to look at other mod's that change something at the colonist bar and try out to deactivate visible pants too.

You should try out if the same problem happen on new colonies too.
You can use the hugslib feature Quickstart, the icon top right when you enable developer mode, to create a fast colony.
But i don't think it happen from the start, so it is maybe an item you produce later at the game and you equiped to the pawn's that cause the problem with the colonistbar.

LWM

And maybe post a new log without moodbar?