My caravan eveny?

Started by oker288, June 30, 2020, 07:06:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oker288

Hi there , I'm pop.

Everytime my caravans hit a pirate outpost, or rescue a prisoner, or get interrupted by lonely pirate with a poor knive and a wooden foot, or single snow hares there is thunder and rain, or hard snow if it's winter. 90% chance of bad weather. If the caravan stays in a captured outpost for a day or two, chances are there will be more than one bad weather event.

I think this started already with 1.0 if not earlier, and tbh it's getting a bit boring now really. If there'd be nice weather at least sometimes, it would make the bad weather more interesting.
Thank in advance.

Ukas

Hi Pop! Just here to agree, my experience is very similar. I get that weather is supposed to increase the drama, but when it happens 90% time it's really not dramatic anymore, it's just annoying. Also, too often happens that there are no raids for a long time - but just at the very moment I'm raiding an outpost there starts a heavy raid on my base. It would be awesome it would happen once in a blue moon, I like the challenge too, but at this rate it just keeps me away from attacking outposts. After all people who play with Randy play because they like random, not because they need to expect things happen in a certain way and order.

LWM

What sort of bad weather are you talking about?

I don't usually see anything beyond sometimes rain?

Ukas

At least for me it's all kinds of bad weather. Typically thunderstorm, rainy or dry or sometimes a flashstorm, and if the caravan is in colder areas then it's hard snow. If I go to an event spot, such as an outpost or incapacitated refugee, normally I try to it the weather out before attacking.

LWM

I dunno, it seems about right to me.  Maybe you two have just been particularly unlucky  :P