At the highest difficulty levels, you can't right-click prioritize work

Started by Liwet, July 03, 2020, 01:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liwet

You can draft like normal but getting your colonists to work requires proper work load management and scheduling.  No longer can you have a passing colonist right click an object to construct it or clean it, etc.

Watching various YouTubers, I've always considered it a sign of severe mismanagement when the player has to right click stuff in order to get it done.

Canute

What is the different between to force a pawn to do a job and temp. change the work priority to 1 ?
It is just a QoL thing you want to remove.
The only thing it would take a difference are the food/rest system since you can shedule this what well.

I think when you remove these force job thing, you should remove/disable the worktab too, and each pawn's should have a specifiy workpriority depend on their backstory&skills.

Liwet

Quote from: Canute on July 03, 2020, 05:15:20 AMWhat is the different between to force a pawn to do a job and temp. change the work priority to 1 ?

Let's say you want them to haul a specific object so you set their hauling to 1.  They might not haul the object you want them to haul.

Canute

Set a 1x1 zone next to the item i want to haul, assign that pawn to it, then assign hauling to 1 and the zone to unrestricted.
Just more micromanagment.
If you want that kind of difficult, you need to remove more then just the right click function.

Hilvon1984

Quote from: Canute on July 04, 2020, 04:24:13 PM
Set a 1x1 zone next to the item i want to haul, assign that pawn to it, then assign hauling to 1 and the zone to unrestricted.
Drafting and moving the pawn on top of the required Item works as well. A little less micromanagement...