random c2d at specific in game times

Started by HexoSlaya369, July 04, 2020, 05:01:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HexoSlaya369

the game was running fine with no lag or anything out of the ordinary the game crashed. at first i thought nothing of it, after all it was just a minor inconvenience. however i played through the day again and low and behold the game crashed again. in total the game crashed 3 seperate times but they all happened at the same time in game, about 5 seconds after the clock hit 0h on the 23rd day. i then decided to start a new save thinking that maybe it was the save file that was broken or corrupted but no, it happened with my new save too. this time at about 5 seconds past 6h on the 17th day. so now im here, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Canute

Hi,
you know you still play version 1.0 ? Nothing against it, but since you play with mods most mod authors don't do any further support for 1.0 mods.
Some of the mods give out error's on startup like
QuoteXML error: Could not find parent node named "Surrogate" for node "ThingDef". Full node: <ThingDef ParentName="Surrogate"><defName>HanarLabGrownTentacle</defName><label>hanar lab grown tentacle</label><description>A replacement tentacle for all your Hanar needs.</description><graphicData><texPath>Things/Item/BodyPart/SyntheticPart</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass></graphicData><statBases><MarketValue>800</MarketValue><Mass>1</Mass></statBases></ThingDef>
Maybe you know what mod use Surrogate. You can ask the mod author if he can fix it, or you better deactivate the mod.
Similar to other error, try to identify the mod. Better don't use mods that cause errors.

But i can't say anything about your crash, since the log don't even contain a loading safegame.
So a logfile right after a crash would be more helpful.
I don't know what is special at the 23rd day, it is at the middle of the 2.quadrum. I am unsure if it is a special storyteller event that allways happen at the beginning.
So maybe the log from after the crash can say more.

HexoSlaya369

thanks for your reply Canute.
i just launched the game to try and get a crash and the game froze on 0h as predicted. however after about 30 seconds it kicked itself back to life. im not sure what changed but it seems to be fixed. the mod that adds the "HanarLabGrownTenticle" is already disabled as it doesnt work with the new dlc so idk if that might just be from an older crash rather than windows killing the game because it was loading.

also i was unaware that my game was outdated.

Canute

Since you mention "is already disabled as it doesnt work with the new dlc ", i think you post the wrong logfile anyway.
With 1.1 the logfile location got moved/named Output_log.txt is the pre 1.1 one.
With 1.1 it is called player.log at the same location the safegames are (you can open the folder over the options).

But it is still important, that you don't have any errors (red text) at the log after you start Rimworld/mod activation.
That increase the chance for critical error's later.
The problem are to identify the mod from the error, that's why it is good to activate new mod's at small batches and not all at once.
It isn't allways that easy like with these XML error's you got a keyword you could identify the mod by yourself or search inside the mods folder about it.