Trying to figure out why this room is so dirty

Started by Liwet, July 04, 2020, 12:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liwet

-22.13 for cleanliness.  I've moved all the walls (minify everything mod) and put down wooden floors underneath just in case.  The room used to be concrete which is when I noticed the cleanliness but I replaced it with jade flooring (morefloors mod) and it still persists.  It costs 1210 jade so I don't want to have to rip up the floor if I don't have to.

Canute

Hi,
try to check if any item at the room got a cleanness entry.
I don't think any of the structure got any, but you can check them too.

Liwet

I think I figured it out.  I think it's just the deep storage mod; putting a bunch of items on top of each other seems to make the room dirty.  I did remove the smelter and crematorium but the room still showed a -20.

LWM

Don't blame Deep Storage  ;D

The way "Cleanliness" is calculated in a room, it does go through every item in the room and adds up its filth.  None of the DS buildings are "dirty" but it's possible some of the 497859 things you are storing do, and each stack adds its own bit of dirtiness.  That adds up.

If you want to store that many items without a negative cleanliness impact, consider OgreStack or ...can't remember the other big stack size mod. Both play well with DS and might solve your problem.  It's also possible that filth scales with stack size, but I don't think so?

--LWM

Liwet

Actually my bad, I really figured it out this time.  It wasn't Deep Storage (though Deep Storage did allow the issue to pile up in one tile).  It was Rimworld Farming which creates compost which is literally dirt.  I have two small piles in the upper left of the room and an entire pallet filled with dirt and I'm wondering why this room is dirty.

Luckily, I found out I can store the compost outside safely without degradation (it's kind of hard to make) so I did that and it solved the problem.

Canute

Wasn't it that what i suggest to check ? :-(

And DS got some storages, you can even put outside and the stuff inside don't degrade.

LWM

If skips don't hold compost, get me a link to the mod (or the mod name and the defName) and I'll add it in ;) They already hold biosolids from Bad Hygiene.

Liwet

They do hold compost!

Just realized they hold 12 while pallets only hold 8 so that's nice to know.

LWM