Muck-up in the Norwegian repository

Started by obikenobi23, July 05, 2020, 08:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

obikenobi23

After uploading a few files in DefInjected, I get a long list of issues in the translation report. Long story short:
========== General load errors (2) ==========
Error loading language from (TarDirectory [C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Data\Core\Languages\Norwegian (Norsk Bokmål).tar], 3 files, Ludeon.RimWorld, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Data\Core): dir SiteCoreDef doesn't correspond to any def type. Skipping...
Error loading language from (TarDirectory [C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Data\Core\Languages\Norwegian (Norsk Bokmål).tar], 3 files, Ludeon.RimWorld, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Data\Core): dir TradeDialogSorterDef doesn't correspond to any def type. Skipping...

========== Def-injected translations load errors (549) ==========

When I try a cleanup, I get the error message: "Unpack and then delete all compressed translation files for this language before using this tool."
Everything is written in wòɳký ʈèxʈ and is in English as well.
This is all done with Norwegian language activated in-game. Other languages do not give wòɳký ʈèxʈ, and don't address the same "General load errors".

So the question is: Are these things connected? And how do I fix them either way?

Ragnar-F

QuoteAfter uploading a few files in DefInjected, I get a long list of issues in the translation report.

I don't see the relation here. When you upload changes to GitHub, it doesn't automatically mean that the changes are immediately visible in-game. If at all, this will happen when a new version (stable or unstable) of RimWorld is released. Maybe you mean "copying" instead of "uploading"?

QuoteWhen I try a cleanup, I get the error message: "Unpack and then delete all compressed translation files for this language before using this tool."

This is not an error message, but the requirement for the cleanup to work at all. Close the game, navigate to the Languages folder, create a new folder called "Norwegian (Norsk Bokmål)", unpack "Norwegian (Norsk Bokmål).tar" into this new folder, delete the TAR file, open the game and start the cleanup. This is the folder where you should make the changes from now on.

QuoteEverything is written in wòɳký ʈèxʈ and is in English as well.

This usually means that no suitable translation was found. For example because no translation is available yet (recognizable by the TODOs).

QuoteSo the question is: Are these things connected? And how do I fix them either way?

For the "General load errors" I would recommend you to simply delete these folders, because they are empty. For "Def-injected translations load errors" I would recommend you to search for "<!-- UNUSED -->" in all files and delete the related elements below (by element I mean <tag>translation</tag>). This happens, for example, if the tag names have been changed. Maybe you will find the renamed tags in the same file and can reuse the translations.