[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humort

Quote from: Сэдлер on February 24, 2015, 11:23:05 AM
Quote from: Humort on February 24, 2015, 10:23:18 AMЯ не преследовал цель, исправить весь перевод, отслеживал только свои правки, но если вы нашли какие-то ошибки, то буду рад, если вы выложите свою версию перевода.
Я пока занят собственным модом. Возможно, позже. Там нужно некоторые фразы из настроек как-то переформулировать, чтобы было понятно, о чем речь. Я до сих пор работаю на свой мод. Может быть, позже.
Кстати да, в настройках, я кое что перефразировал, а кое что, просто переводил дословно, так как мои познания английского, не на столько сильны, впрочем, я пока что, подкорректирую орфографию, и надеюсь, что окончательную версию перевода, вы все же, оставите за собой.

Added in the translation, spelling correction of previous versions, Thanks Sadler

[attachment deleted due to age]
I speak Russian if you don't understand that I wrote, Google Translator is guilty of it

ItchyFlea

I can't believe that I've managed to play the game without this.
I've played with this for 5 minutes, and I've already seen two features I've wanted for a long time. (Harvest button of plants, hunt button on animals.)

I see why so many people say this is a must have mod. :D
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

RemingtonRyder

eddyvegasgames

Thank you for your work on this mod. It really is invaluable.

shhfiftyfive

i have a functionality feature request for the mod.

for the trade window.

much like how you added a sort feature in prepare carefully to sort by cost instead of just alphabetically.

can we get the trade window to sort by sell cost?

Humort

Bringing the number of colonists to 20+ people, I began to realize that in your mod, lacks very important features.... The ability to rearrange icons colonists. Divide them in groups. For example Shift + 1 attack, Shift + 2, - Springer, Shift 3 - snipers, and so on...., if you add this feature, it would be just fine...
I speak Russian if you don't understand that I wrote, Google Translator is guilty of it

EdB

Quote from: Humort on February 26, 2015, 05:44:23 AM
Bringing the number of colonists to 20+ people, I began to realize that in your mod, lacks very important features.... The ability to rearrange icons colonists. Divide them in groups. For example Shift + 1 attack, Shift + 2, - Springer, Shift 3 - snipers, and so on...., if you add this feature, it would be just fine...

Take a look at this post and the post that it refers to, which discuss these features.  It's possible that I'll work on these features at some point, but there are reasons that I have not.

EdB

Quote from: shhfiftyfive on February 25, 2015, 06:29:40 PM
i have a functionality feature request for the mod.

for the trade window.

much like how you added a sort feature in prepare carefully to sort by cost instead of just alphabetically.

can we get the trade window to sort by sell cost?

There have been other suggestions for making changes to the trade window.  Unfortunately, this window is difficult to modify.  The window itself is not difficult to change, but there are a stack of other changes that need to be made just to make the window modifiable.  It's just too much effort to justify.

I will take another look to see if it's any different in alpha 9, but I wouldn't expect to see this change.

Humort

I'm afraid to comment because of the translator, the best way I can Express my emotions +1

Pokk720

For some reason my colonist bar pops up in the top right corner of my screen instead of starting towards the middle like in the pictures. Is there an option to fix that so I can ft more colonists on one line?

onarum

Can someone please tell me where exactly do I go to change the settings for the mod? in the OP it says it should be on the "gameplay menu", but what exactly is that? can't find it at all... the only option menu I can find is the one that changes the game's options.

I'm asking because as far as I can tell there's nothing different after installing the mod, I put it in the mods folder, activated it ingame, created a new world, a new colony but still...

edit: bah nevermind... it's just me being an idiot, I must have told 7zip to extract with the same name as the archive, so there was a folder level too many(EdBInterface folder was inside a EdBInterface-2.6.4 folder which in turn was inside the mods folder) and since when activating it on the main rimworld menu gave no error i thought it was ok.

shhfiftyfive

Quote from: onarum on February 27, 2015, 10:04:26 AM
edit: bah nevermind... it's just me being an idiot, I must have told 7zip to extract with the same name as the archive, so there was a folder level too many(EdBInterface folder was inside a EdBInterface-2.6.4 folder which in turn was inside the mods folder) and since when activating it on the main rimworld menu gave no error i thought it was ok.
been there. done that.

erg

Anyone getting a black screen with the new update? I couldn't open the game after installing it, so I cleared my configs and went to toggle my mods back on and EdB causes a hang after toggling it on. Even without any other mods, EdB seems to remove the menu interface entirely, so you can't do anything, and trying to reopen the game without clearing configs causes a black screen. Weirdness.

EdB

Quote from: erg on February 27, 2015, 04:12:06 PM
Anyone getting a black screen with the new update? I couldn't open the game after installing it, so I cleared my configs and went to toggle my mods back on and EdB causes a hang after toggling it on. Even without any other mods, EdB seems to remove the menu interface entirely, so you can't do anything, and trying to reopen the game without clearing configs causes a black screen. Weirdness.

Any luck solving this?  I just downloaded the new version and enabled just EdB Interface--and then just EdB Interface with Prepare Carefully--and both worked ok for me.  Could not duplicate the issue.  You were seeing an issue in the menus even before starting a new game?

I can try releasing version built against the new the Alpha 9e release just in case.

erg

Quote from: EdB on February 27, 2015, 08:14:32 PM
Quote from: erg on February 27, 2015, 04:12:06 PM

Any luck solving this?

Played without it for a few hours, then clean installed everything from scratch and it's working fine. Dunno what caused the issue but it seems to have been exclusive to me, and now I know how to fix it if it happens again. Thanks for the mod by the way, playing without it makes me appreciate it all the more.