[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdB

Quote from: Pokk720 on February 26, 2015, 11:37:57 PM
For some reason my colonist bar pops up in the top right corner of my screen instead of starting towards the middle like in the pictures. Is there an option to fix that so I can ft more colonists on one line?

Are you playing the game at a lower resolution (1280 wide or less)?  Even though the colonist bar often appears to be in the center of the screen, this is only true for higher screen resolutions.  If your window resolution is lower, it will appear more on the right side of the screen.  It is always drawn directly to the right of the area at the top of the screen where messages are displayed.  If it were centered for smaller resolutions, it could potentially cover longer messages that appear in that area.

There is an option to use smaller icons that you can try.  Click the "Menu" button in the lower right corner, click "Interface Options" and then check the "Use Smaller Icons" option.

EdB

Did a minor bug-fix release, 2.6.5, which also includes a German-language translation (thanks to F0xGun for providing this).  See details in the original post.

Pokk720

Quote from: EdB on March 01, 2015, 08:01:52 PM
Quote from: Pokk720 on February 26, 2015, 11:37:57 PM
For some reason my colonist bar pops up in the top right corner of my screen instead of starting towards the middle like in the pictures. Is there an option to fix that so I can ft more colonists on one line?

Are you playing the game at a lower resolution (1280 wide or less)?  Even though the colonist bar often appears to be in the center of the screen, this is only true for higher screen resolutions.  If your window resolution is lower, it will appear more on the right side of the screen.  It is always drawn directly to the right of the area at the top of the screen where messages are displayed.  If it were centered for smaller resolutions, it could potentially cover longer messages that appear in that area.

There is an option to use smaller icons that you can try.  Click the "Menu" button in the lower right corner, click "Interface Options" and then check the "Use Smaller Icons" option.

I see. Thank you

shhfiftyfive

EdB, not sure if this has been addressed in newer version than what i'm using...

the vanilla game added a "pause on load" feature in the vanilla options menu.

so if you toggle this on as well as the older EdB interface option that does the same thing... the result is that it counters the option, and you actually start unpaused. 2 negatives make a positive.

EdB

Quote from: shhfiftyfive on March 02, 2015, 06:34:48 PM
EdB, not sure if this has been addressed in newer version than what i'm using...

the vanilla game added a "pause on load" feature in the vanilla options menu.

so if you toggle this on as well as the older EdB interface option that does the same thing... the result is that it counters the option, and you actually start unpaused. 2 negatives make a positive.

The new 2.6.5 release from yesterday does fix this.

daft73

EdB, you are still the man. I remember when this was released, it was the best day. To see this still in production makes me so stoked. TYVM for your efforts!! ;D

EdB

When I released the 2.6.5 version a few days ago, I forgot to update the version number that appears in the mod configuration screen, so it still reads 2.6.4.  I've posted a release that fixes the problem (still 2.6.5).  No need to download it, but I wanted to mention it since it could cause confusion.

Alt

Felys

Thx EdB for this great MOD i couldn't play without :p
You do a great job !
Thx again :) :) :)

EdB

Quote from: AltCode on March 04, 2015, 03:42:08 PM
The Sculpture's sprite is missing in the inventory

Thanks for the bug report.  This one has been on my list of bugs to fix for awhile, but I haven't gotten around to figuring out why statues icons don't appear in there.  I'll try to figure it out for alpha 10.

Kinglokus

hi

so when i have Edb Inerface active my coonists cannot craft things.
bionics table(extended prosthetics mod)
or crafting bench
they just haul the material, it dissapears but i don't get the thing being built. they just stand there and vaporize my resources.

I hope you can fix this because your mod is really awesome

EdB

Quote from: Kinglokus on March 06, 2015, 11:51:22 AM
hi

so when i have Edb Inerface active my coonists cannot craft things.
bionics table(extended prosthetics mod)
or crafting bench
they just haul the material, it dissapears but i don't get the thing being built. they just stand there and vaporize my resources.

I hope you can fix this because your mod is really awesome

This was a bug in the first couple of Alpha 9 releases of the mod, but it's been fixed.  Be sure to upgrade to the latest version of the mod.  After upgrading, if you're playing from a saved game, you may need to delete the bills in the problem crafting tables and re-create them.

Demonlord091

I seem to have encountered a minor bug that affects both the UI and the colonists, I don't think all of it is related to this mod but I'm sure one part is.

If you'll take a look at the UI you'll notice that some of the colonist icons are missing. Now if you look at the Hoshi pawn you'll notice he appears naked. He is not naked, but for some reason the clothes he's wearing don't show up and neither do any weapons or items he's carrying. This nonsense started when my colony incapacitated him and one other guy and made them prisoners. As soon as I loaded the game up next I got a load of bug and error messages that were refreshing themselves too fast to click on them for details. Pausing the game didn't stop that from happening.

Your Mod Organizer has proved quite helpful for fixing a lot of crap, but this bit has me stumped. Whatever it is seems to spread every time I save and reload the file, killing off a new EdB UI Pawn Icon each time.

I managed to get a screenshot of the log entry that seems to be linked to part of this nonsense. It's too large to post as a second attachment, so I'll make a continuation post below this one. It looks like it has something to do with his hair. o.O

Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Demonlord091

Here's the continuation.

We appreciate your hard work. You've developed some very useful mods so far.

[attachment deleted due to age]

EdB

Quote from: Demonlord091 on March 07, 2015, 09:21:56 PM
Here's the continuation.

We appreciate your hard work. You've developed some very useful mods so far.

If it's not too much trouble, can you send me a private message with your save game attached?  It's very difficult to tell what's going on without it.  I'm guessing that the interface mod is breaking when it runs into something out of the ordinary in one of the other mods that you're using.