[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSilencedScream

Quote from: EdB on April 19, 2015, 10:28:29 PM
Just a quick update.  I have started upgrading this mod to alpha 10.  I was hoping to make it through it this weekend, but some of the changes in alpha 10 impact the mod a little more than usual.  That makes an already fairly tedious process take even longer.

I'm guessing right now that I'll have a release ready sometime next weekend.

No rush, EdB.
We appreciate your work!
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

RickyMartini

I really, really appreciate this mod. Basically the first mod I always look forward to use. Thanks EDB.

skullywag

EdB have you thought of asking to become a private tester, it can help you get a headstart on updating plus you never know you might get some helpful stuff added to the core game as its the best time to talk to Tynan about private methods and stuff like that and getting them opened up, or whatever blockers you might be finding in the core code.(if any) Hes let modders be testers before specifically for the purpose of updating quicker. Just a thought for future Alphas.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Alcyonna

Thank u very much for your mods, i really appreciate the work.

DevilKhan

Quote from: skullywag on April 20, 2015, 06:51:33 PM
EdB have you thought of asking to become a private tester, it can help you get a headstart on updating plus you never know you might get some helpful stuff added to the core game as its the best time to talk to Tynan about private methods and stuff like that and getting them opened up, or whatever blockers you might be finding in the core code.(if any) Hes let modders be testers before specifically for the purpose of updating quicker. Just a thought for future Alphas.

To be honest, I can't play a good game unless this is up-to-date. Honestly this is by far the best mod, the UI is simple yet it does what it says on the box. Frankly, it has been around for a while and yet Tynan hasn't stolen it to use the the game XD.

Manly

mattb150

This mod and your mod-sorting mod are AWESOME, EdB!!!  Take your time, I'm excited wait to get them back :D

EdB

When I did alpha 9, the first couple of releases were very buggy, and while it was really helpful to have people trying it out and telling me what I broke, there was a bit of damage control that I needed to do to rush out fixes.  Because of this--and because I don't have as much time during the week to rush out fixes, I'm going to try something a little different with the alpha 10 release.

Instead of adding the info to the original post right away, I'm going to post the first release here now and call it a beta.  To set expectations, I've been testing it, but I haven't done as much testing as I'd like to.  If you want to help me test and get an early look, go ahead and download it from this post.  If you'd rather wait for something more stable, give it a few days and wait for me to add the download info to the original post.  I appreciate any feedback.

What's new for alpha 10?  You might have noticed that there are one or two features in the mod that now are similar to features that are in the vanilla game, though the implementations are slightly differently.  I've decided to remove the matching features from the mod in favor of the vanilla implementations.  You'll see that I removed two things:

• Passion indicators in the Work tab.  I like the idea of the vanilla implementation better, so I've removed this feature from the mod.  I do think the vanilla visual treatment turned out a little wonky--with the priority numbers overlapping the passion icons.  I tried to tweak it a bit, but I didn't end up with something that I liked.
  • Context-sensitive designator buttons (aka reverse-designations) have been added to the vanilla game.  I've removed my implementation.  Note that the vanilla implementation is a little different in the way that it handles the cancel action when you choose to designate something.  Also, the vanilla game does not include Mining as a reverse designation.  I was missing that, so I put it back in.

Feel free to try it out.  Please note that you must be logged in to the forums to see the download link at the bottom of this post.

Knowns issues:

• The UI used to rotate buildings before you place them is not positioned or sized correctly.

EDIT: I've removed the download link for this beta release.  Please download the full release from the original post instead.

Ninefinger

Quote from: EdB on April 21, 2015, 10:06:34 PM
When I did alpha 9, the first couple of releases were very buggy, and while it was really helpful to have people trying it out and telling me what I broke, there was a bit of damage control that I needed to do to rush out fixes.  Because of this--and because I don't have as much time during the week to rush out fixes, I'm going to try something a little different with the alpha 10 release.

Instead of adding the info to the original post right away, I'm going to post the first release here now and call it a beta.  To set expectations, I've been testing it, but I haven't done as much testing as I'd like to.  If you want to help me test and get an early look, go ahead and download it from this post.  If you'd rather wait for something more stable, give it a few days and wait for me to add the download info to the original post.  I appreciate any feedback.

What's new for alpha 10?  You might have noticed that there are one or two features in the mod that now are similar to features that are in the vanilla game, though the implementations are slightly differently.  I've decided to remove the matching features from the mod in favor of the vanilla implementations.  You'll see that I removed two things:

• Passion indicators in the Work tab.  I like the idea of the vanilla implementation better, so I've removed this feature from the mod.  I do think the vanilla visual treatment turned out a little wonky--with the priority numbers overlapping the passion icons.  I tried to tweak it a bit, but I didn't end up with something that I liked.
  • Context-sensitive designator buttons (aka reverse-designations) have been added to the vanilla game.  I've removed my implementation.  Note that the vanilla implementation is a little different in the way that it handles the cancel action when you choose to designate something.  Also, the vanilla game does not include Mining as a reverse designation.  I was missing that, so I put it back in.

Feel free to try it out.  Please note that you must be logged in to the forums to see the download link at the bottom of this post.

Knowns issues:

• The UI used to rotate buildings before you place them is not positioned or sized correctly.

Thank You! I Love You! No homo :-*

AN7AG0NIS7

Knowns issues:

I found an issue in the beta version. I can't make my colonists drop their apparel and the items in their inventory. Weapons can be dropped as usual though.

DevilKhan

It's the little details that make them so "gorgeous". In A9 it brings so much "cleaner" and more useable and the does zero to the game. I just loose interest(frustration to be more honest). However, with EdB's simple yet beautiful UI, it makes it a lot easier to see who is being attacked by a squirrel :). and easier to see what he is wearing/mood without having to track him down on the map :-/.

To be honest, I've been using vanilla rimworld with this and the " mass un-forbid" I forget the name off hand of it. I don't play until they are out. I do play around and test this and than, but haven't touched A10 for a real gameplay yet.   

42BelowVodka

Quote from: AN7AG0NIS7 on April 22, 2015, 07:16:14 AM

Knowns issues:

I found an issue in the beta version. I can't make my colonists drop their apparel and the items in their inventory. Weapons can be dropped as usual though.

got the same bug, also for some reason when i was setting apparel hitpoints my colonists stopped wearing pants

nuschler22

I haven't played in a while.

When I downloaded Alpha 10, I kept going up to the top of the screen to click my colonists.  Funny how mods like this add so much.

And I'd like to find out what the name of that mass haul mod was called if someone knows as mentioned earlier.

EdB

Quote from: 42BelowVodka on April 22, 2015, 10:41:37 AM
...also for some reason when i was setting apparel hitpoints my colonists stopped wearing pants

I don't think this problem would be caused by this mod--I don't really touch that outfit configuration user interface--but I will look into it.