[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninefinger

Quote from: EdB on April 24, 2015, 02:09:17 PM
Quote from: Kaballah on April 24, 2015, 12:49:40 PM
A very minor problem - since I enabled this mod, now when I click a colonist's name from the Overview table, the view centers on that colonist but they are not selected, in vanilla they are.

Thanks for noticing this.  I will fix it.

Awesome :D

Kaballah

Quote from: Ninefinger on April 24, 2015, 02:02:31 PM
A very minor problem - since I enabled this mod, now when I click a colonist's name from the Overview table, the view centers on that colonist but they are not selected, in vanilla they are.
I'm not 100% sure but i think that, that is how this mode has always worked but i cant remember fully i definitely could be wrong but i figured i would say something.

Nah I used this feature pretty often last alpha and it used to work.  This is a new thing.

Ninefinger

Quote from: Kaballah on April 24, 2015, 02:29:45 PM
I'm not 100% sure but i think that, that is how this mode has always worked but i cant remember fully i definitely could be wrong but i figured i would say something.

Nah I used this feature pretty often last alpha and it used to work.  This is a new thing.
yeah i was wrong as usual lol, but i could have swore that i had some sort of colonist selecting issue in alpha 9 but cant remember if it was that or not.

nuschler22

Is there a suggestion for mod order that I might have missed?

I added this and I think I'm getting a conflict for some reason with the mod More Vanilla Turrets, where I didn't have that before.  If I remove the Turrets mod, I don't get any errors. 

EdB

Quote from: nuschler22 on April 24, 2015, 04:38:23 PM

I added this and I think I'm getting a conflict for some reason with the mod More Vanilla Turrets, where I didn't have that before.  If I remove the Turrets mod, I don't get any errors.

Do you mean the More Vanilla Turrets mod in this thread?

It looks like that mod has not been officially updated to Alpha 10.  When I tried the Alpha 10 fix posted towards the end of that thread, I still get a handful of errors that pop up when I start RimWorld--without any other mods enabled.  Mod order probably isn't going to make those errors go away.

nuschler22

Quote from: EdB on April 24, 2015, 04:56:42 PM
Quote from: nuschler22 on April 24, 2015, 04:38:23 PM

Do you mean the More Vanilla Turrets mod in this thread?

It looks like that mod has not been officially updated to Alpha 10.  When I tried the Alpha 10 fix posted towards the end of that thread, I still get a handful of errors that pop up when I start RimWorld--without any other mods enabled.  Mod order probably isn't going to make those errors go away.

Why yes I do mean that mod which is for Alpha 9.  It must have been at the top of the board and I thought it was ready. 

Funny, though, I didn't get any error messages all yesterday when I used it in the same colony.  Only when I added this mod.  Strange.  But the errors do go away when I remove that mod. 

Thanks. :)

FuzzieMann

Andy_Dandy

Quote from: Ninefinger on April 24, 2015, 02:32:30 PM
Quote from: Kaballah on April 24, 2015, 02:29:45 PM

yeah i was wrong as usual lol, but i could have swore that i had some sort of colonist selecting issue in alpha 9 but cant remember if it was that or not.

You are right, I think this didn't work for alpha 8 either.

Rauminen

Awesome, I was missing the colonist bar the most. Thank you for the update EdB!

TLHeart

small bug with the tv... no way to rotate the tv when this mod is enabled. the q and e keys do not rotate the tv, and the pop up tab does not appear while the mod is enabled.  everything works fine when I saved the game, disabled this mod, and went vanilla to install the tv.

Latta

Quote from: TLHeart on April 26, 2015, 08:44:58 AM
small bug with the tv... no way to rotate the tv when this mod is enabled. the q and e keys do not rotate the tv, and the pop up tab does not appear while the mod is enabled.  everything works fine when I saved the game, disabled this mod, and went vanilla to install the tv.
I can confirm this. It's not just about TV but all minified things.

EdB

Released an update, version 2.7.2, that fixes the bugs that have been reported since the last version.

It also adds a Korean-language translation provided by Latta (thanks!).

Ninefinger

Quote from: EdB on April 26, 2015, 11:06:31 PM
Released an update, version 2.7.2, that fixes the bugs that have been reported since the last version.

It also adds a Korean-language translation provided by Latta (thanks!).

Awesome! thanks Edb you rock!

thefinn

Getting CTD, I'm not sure if it's this mod or not, but going by the log this mod certainly seems to make a lot of entries in the logfile.

If it's not this, perhaps you could point me in the right direction ?

[attachment deleted due to age]

EdB

Quote from: thefinn on April 27, 2015, 05:23:48 PM
Getting CTD, I'm not sure if it's this mod or not, but going by the log this mod certainly seems to make a lot of entries in the logfile.

If it's not this, perhaps you could point me in the right direction ?

A hard crash like that is pretty unusual.  Just from a quick look at the log, this looks like it's either caused by the Tools for Haul mod or some kind of incompatibility between it and the Interface mod.  Worth posting in the Tools for Haul thread as well, but I will play around with it to see if there's anything that I can do on my end to avoid it.

When did it happen?  Did it happen right at the start of a new game or was it something that happened randomly in the middle of a game?  And does it happen consistently or just something that you saw once?