[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdB

Quote from: akiceabear on June 12, 2015, 11:16:42 PM
I'm receiving the following error when starting a new game. RimWorld was restarted and the world generated after installing the mod.

After this the mod appears to still work...

What you're seeing is the mod reading an older preferences file that has a couple of preferences in it that have been removed.  If you keep getting this error, I recommend going into Menu -> Interface Options and changing one of your preferences.  This should re-save the preferences without the older settings that are causing the error.  You can change the preferences back afterwards.

Der Failer

Hi EdB,
i just found that clicking on the name of a colonist in the restrictions tab get me this:
Exception doing OnGUI input for layer EdB.Interface.Dialog_Overview: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.OTab_PawnList.PreDrawPawnRow (Rect rect, Verse.Pawn p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.OTab_PawnList.DrawRows (Rect outRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.OTab_Restrictions.OTabOnGUI (Rect fillRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Dialog_Overview.FillWindow (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Dialog_Overview.DoWindowContents () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Layer_Window.LayerOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LayerStack.LayerStackOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Same goes for the outfit tab:
Exception doing OnGUI input for layer EdB.Interface.Dialog_Overview: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.OTab_PawnList.PreDrawPawnRow (Rect rect, Verse.Pawn p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.OTab_PawnList.DrawRows (Rect outRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.OTab_Outfits.OTabOnGUI (Rect fillRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Dialog_Overview.FillWindow (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Dialog_Overview.DoWindowContents () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

EdB

Quote from: Der Failer on June 13, 2015, 11:42:10 AM
i just found that clicking on the name of a colonist in the restrictions tab get me this:

Thanks fort the bug report.  I've released a new version, 2.8.4, that fixes this problem.

EdB

Did a quick fix for a problem I found and released a new version, 2.8.5.  If you had noticed that the browse buttons at the bottom of the gear tab were missing before, they should now be back now.  Makes it much faster to browse through raiders' gear.

( Tchey )

Quote from: Tynan on August 10, 2014, 10:26:45 PM
Quote from: StorymasterQ on August 10, 2014, 09:29:05 PM
I love UI Mods. Ty, you ought to have plans of integrating this into the vanilla game.

+1 internetz to you, Mr. EdB.

Unfortunately the base game sets the standard minimum res of 1024x768, while this mod requires 900px tall. Otherwise the base game would probably look more like this.

Any advancement from this first page quote ?

EdB

Quote from: ( Tchey ) on June 15, 2015, 05:27:16 AM
Quote from: Tynan on August 10, 2014, 10:26:45 PM
Unfortunately the base game sets the standard minimum res of 1024x768, while this mod requires 900px tall. Otherwise the base game would probably look more like this.

Any advancement from this first page quote ?

The mod should now support any screen resolution that the game supports.  At smaller screen resolutions, you will get the character tabs from the vanilla game instead of the mod's taller tab UI.  I also recommend setting your mod preferences to use the smaller colonist icons for these smaller screen resolutions.

isistoy

<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

Simulacrum0

EdB UI gives a exception if you try to use the overview to jump to a MD2 droid, it works with out your UI mod. its not worth not using the UI over but if you can make a patch that would be nice.
  at MD2.OTab_Droid_Work.PreDrawPawnRow (Rect rect, Verse.Pawn p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MD2.OTab_Droid_Work.DrawRows (Rect outRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MD2.OTab_Droid_Work.OTabOnGUI (Rect fillRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Gregorydb

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for making such an amazing UI :)  It makes the game playable.

I do have one suggestion, and i don't know if it's even possible...but there would be two improvements that would be awesome.
1.)   A button or something to select so you can get all of your people with one click for combat more then anything.
2.)  A way to segregate the people...ie Melee, range, Empath...or some thing along those lines :)

Thanks for reading!
-Gregory

Beathrus

Quote from: Gregorydb on June 22, 2015, 05:03:50 PM
Hey, just wanted to say thanks for making such an amazing UI :)  It makes the game playable.

I do have one suggestion, and i don't know if it's even possible...but there would be two improvements that would be awesome.
1.)   A button or something to select so you can get all of your people with one click for combat more then anything.
2.)  A way to segregate the people...ie Melee, range, Empath...or some thing along those lines :)

Thanks for reading!
-Gregory

I asked about something like this back in A9, but it was essentially, just being able to re-order the Pawn Icons at the top so I could order them into groupings.

Simulacrum0

Shotoku

Hi EdB! I don't know if someone asked this before but... could it be possible to Ctrl click at the pawn bar? That would make it so it's easy to select just especific colonists.
Thanks

shenzya

hi EDB ,i don't know if this has be reported already but one feature is missing : we can't operate on injured guest.

EdB

Quote from: Shotoku on June 25, 2015, 06:56:55 AM
could it be possible to Ctrl click at the pawn bar? That would make it so it's easy to select just especific colonists.

If you shift-click on a colonist in the bar, it will add or remove that colonist from the selection.  Is that what you mean?

EdB

Quote from: Simulacrum0 on June 21, 2015, 10:22:29 PM
EdB UI gives a exception if you try to use the overview to jump to a MD2 droid, it works with out your UI mod. its not worth not using the UI over but if you can make a patch that would be nice.

I will take a look.  I should be able to fix that.