[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leucetius

Bugreport with version 2.8.6:

Open Pawn overview and click on any of your pawn's names. Results in the following error:
Exception doing OnGUI input for layer EdB.Interface.Dialog_Overview: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at RimWorld.OTab_PawnList.PreDrawPawnRow (Rect rect, Verse.Pawn p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.OTab_PawnList.DrawRows (Rect outRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.OTab_Work.OTabOnGUI (Rect fillRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.Dialog_Overview.FillWindow (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.Dialog_Overview.DoWindowContents () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Layer_Window.LayerOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.LayerStack.LayerStackOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Alignment was MiddleLeft at end of frame.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Edit: might have to do with this line:
if (Widgets.InvisibleButton(rect2))
{
Find.LayerStack.TopLayerOfType<Dialog_Overview>().Close(true);

but Dialog_Overview contains no methode Close() ... but that's just me looking into the dll for a minute or so. You definitly know your way around - more so than me.

EdB

Quote from: Leucetius on July 06, 2015, 03:27:54 PM
Bugreport with version 2.8.6:

Open Pawn overview and click on any of your pawn's names. Results in the following error ...

This issue has come up before, and I have a pretty good idea of what's causing it.  I will take a look.  Thanks for reporting it.

EDIT:  Actually, are you using any other mods?  I've been trying to reproduce this and can't.  I can click on a name and it jumps me to the colonist on the map as expected.  This has definitely been a bug in the past that I've fixed, so I'm curious if somehow another mod is triggering it.  Is anyone else seeing this?

Leucetius

Good morning! Yes I use other mods - the Ultimate modpack to be exact. What' s your educated guess about the conflict? What did you change the last time that might be sabotaged by a modconflict now?

EdB

Quote from: Leucetius on July 07, 2015, 01:40:50 AM
Good morning! Yes I use other mods - the Ultimate modpack to be exact. What' s your educated guess about the conflict? What did you change the last time that might be sabotaged by a modconflict now?

Are you using the version of the mod that comes with the latest version of Ultimate Modpack?  It looks like the latest version of that modpack includes version of 2.8.3 of the interface mod.  I fixed this bug in the following release.  Double-check the mod version on the mods config screen to confirm.  You want version 2.8.4 or 2.8.5 if you're still using Alpha 11, and 2.8.6 if you're using Alpha 11b.

Andy_Dandy

Quote from: Andy_Dandy on July 05, 2015, 04:09:52 AM
Here it finally is, and zip'ed down in size. I'm just too stupid when it comes to PC's. :)

Remember to only run the EdB UI-mod and Alpha 11b Core. 2 of 3 colonists will be idle, despite having both construction, hauling (lots of iron in north-west of map) and cleaning to do. You can force them to do stuff, but when the task is finished they go back to being idle.

Eureka! I found out what's causing this, and it's not the EdB UI-mod.

I read the bugs section, and found this thread with excactly the same bug https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14332.0.

The reason is hydroponic tables built upon parts of an excisting growing zone. Excactly what I did in my Ice Sheet Biome game. The 2 colonists going idle were my 2 high priority growers, and appearently they went idle when there were growing time (after some hydroponic tables were built crossing parts of my original growing zone).

magnusl

Hey, i really miss an interface feature, so i thought this might be the right place, since its the only big interface mod i know.
What really drives me nuts is that in the job overview section of the vanilla version (which seem to be unmodified by this mod) there are no indicators that colonists have a passion for this or that job.
I ALWAYS have to look it up for each colonists and im not good at remembering such things.
This would be a feature i would really like to see in this mod (or the next release, of course)

kaptain_kavern

Have you tried menu>interface option>color code passion in manual priority?

SSS

I got this upon colony load with this mod:

XML error: <drawWorkPassions>True</drawWorkPassions> doesn't correspond to any field in type ModPreferencesData.
XML error: <drawWorkPassionBorders>True</drawWorkPassionBorders> doesn't correspond to any field in type ModPreferencesData.

After a bit of looking around, I found these lines in the rimworld config settings for EdBInterface. I figured it might be a carry-over from an old version of EdB Interface, but I figured I'd post it here anyway just in case.

Removing the lines fixes the problem.

Vas

I have this odd problem ever since I updated this (and my game), where my lists are all duplicated.  Lets say you open your overview.  I have "Work, Work, Droid Work, Restrictions, Restrictions, Outfits, Outfits, Factions, World, History, Auto Sell Settings, Statistics"

Work, Restrictions, and Outfits have all been duplicated.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Ninefinger

Quote from: EdB on July 07, 2015, 02:30:26 AM
Quote from: Leucetius on July 07, 2015, 01:40:50 AM

Are you using the version of the mod that comes with the latest version of Ultimate Modpack?  It looks like the latest version of that modpack includes version of 2.8.3 of the interface mod.  I fixed this bug in the following release.  Double-check the mod version on the mods config screen to confirm.  You want version 2.8.4 or 2.8.5 if you're still using Alpha 11, and 2.8.6 if you're using Alpha 11b.

Yes I updated the modpack to the newest release 2.8.6 pretty much as soon as you released it. ;)

EdB

Quote from: Vas on July 19, 2015, 09:13:23 PM
I have this odd problem ever since I updated this (and my game), where my lists are all duplicated.  Lets say you open your overview.  I have "Work, Work, Droid Work, Restrictions, Restrictions, Outfits, Outfits, Factions, World, History, Auto Sell Settings, Statistics"

Work, Restrictions, and Outfits have all been duplicated.

Because the mod modifies Work tab in the Overview panel, it manipulates the list of tabs that appear there, replacing the vanilla versions of some of the tabs with custom versions.  It first removes the vanilla versions and then adds the modified versions of the three tabs that you mention.

It's likely that the mod is failing to find the vanilla versions of the tabs when trying to remove them before adding in the modified versions.  It's probably because of something that another mod is doing.  If you have any idea of the mod that might be causing the conflict, I can look at fixing it for the next release.

Thanks for the bug report.

Vas

Well, it does throw a whole bunch of red errors when I load it, I thought at first it might be because it wasn't ready for 11b but I just checked and it was.  I'll go add the mod back in and give you the errors, or better, a screenshot.  Still trying to figure out how to do something with one of my mods.  Will get you those errors tomorrow most likely.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

tamariel22

Hi EdB
I just noticed that with the alternate tab interface for pawns enabled, I cannot see the fishing skill in the character sheet tab.
it is just below the "research" skill but gets cut off. I am using my native screen resolution of 1920x1080 (1080p).
I am using the latest Ultimate Overhaul modpack, which includes version 2.8.6 of EdBInterface.
here's a screenshot..
http://picpaste.com/rimworld-alttabpanel-on-pfJZMrjv.png

Jorlem

If I may make a suggestion, would it be possible to put a copy of the list of injuries on the operations tab?  It would be nice to be able to see which limbs need to be operated on at a glance, instead of switching back and forth when queuing up multiple operations of multiple colonists, for example.

EdB

Quote from: Jorlem on July 23, 2015, 06:43:46 PM
If I may make a suggestion, would it be possible to put a copy of the list of injuries on the operations tab?  It would be nice to be able to see which limbs need to be operated on at a glance, instead of switching back and forth when queuing up multiple operations of multiple colonists, for example.

Yes, thanks for the suggestion.  I've seen this mentioned by a couple of other people as well.  I plan on adding this in the next release.