[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vas

Finally got the error.  :P

Failed to prepare thing definitions for EdB Interface inventory dialog. Failed on Artillery_DevastatorBomb
Failed to initialize the EdB inventory manager
Failed to initialize required EdB Interface Objects
Failed to replace gameplay interface with EdB Interface
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at EdB.Interface.InventoryManager.PrepareBuildingRecord (EdB.Interface.InventoryRecord record) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Myherospbnj

I re- installed the mod and its working well so far for the newest version, however I cant get the icons of my people to display along the top. Is there a setting or something I have to click to get that to work now? Its been a while since I played but it was the one feature I HAD TO HAVE.

EdB

Quote from: Myherospbnj on July 30, 2015, 02:57:11 PM
I re- installed the mod and its working well so far for the newest version, however I cant get the icons of my people to display along the top. Is there a setting or something I have to click to get that to work now? Its been a while since I played but it was the one feature I HAD TO HAVE.

Could you have accidentally turned off the Colonist bar in the preferences?  Double-check that in Menu -> Interface Options.  Are you using other mods?  Try disabling other mods to see if it's caused by some kind of mod conflict.

No one's really described this specific problem to me, so I'm not sure what it might be.  You might need to check the game console or game log to see if there are any errors.

SteelRev

Would it be possible to have a mood status bar on the colonist bar like the one you have for their health?

mathwizi2005

Quote from: SteelRev on August 01, 2015, 11:00:31 PM
Would it be possible to have a mood status bar on the colonist bar like the one you have for their health?

The best that's available atm is the Pawn State Icon mod as you need to select pawns to see status BARS current;y but at least you can have a quick icon for them using the mod, highly recommended, link to the mod is in the OP.

EdB

For anyone who's interested in giving me some feedback, I've posted a beta version of a new EdB Interface release over in the Unfinished Mods forum.  I've added a big new feature that might interest those of you who like big colonies.

Shaunri

Could someone post this mod to something else than dropbox? I have huge problems with downloading from dropbox.

Would be grateful :)

cy-one

Same here, I get a "Blocked: May contain a virus or spyware"-message :(

EdB

Quote from: cy-one on August 10, 2015, 07:55:10 AM

This is a new problem as of yesterday and happens with both Firefox and Chrome.  I'll look into alternate hosting options.  In the meantime, if you're logged into the forum, you can download the mod from the original post.  It's an attachment at the bottom.

EdB

Quote from: EdB on August 10, 2015, 12:18:38 PM
Quote from: cy-one on August 10, 2015, 07:55:10 AM

This is a new problem as of yesterday and happens with both Firefox and Chrome.  I'll look into alternate hosting options.  In the meantime, if you're logged into the forum, you can download the mod from the original post.  It's an attachment at the bottom.

It looks like all Dropbox downloads for mods that include a DLL are being blocked.  I've switched the download over to Nexus Mods.  It's a small download, so it should not require you to create an account over there.

I'm working on moving my other mods over as well.

Jorlem

A bit of weirdness I noticed yesterday: when I put one of my colonists in a cryochamber, double clicking her picture on the colonist bar jumped me to the hospital bed she was in before I ordered someone to carry her to the chamber.  (For reference, I'm not using the beta.)

EdB

Quote from: Jorlem on August 12, 2015, 09:53:15 AM
A bit of weirdness I noticed yesterday: when I put one of my colonists in a cryochamber, double clicking her picture on the colonist bar jumped me to the hospital bed she was in before I ordered someone to carry her to the chamber.  (For reference, I'm not using the beta.)

Thanks for describing this bug.  This makes sense to me given how the game tracks colonists when they are being carried by another colonist and then stored in the cryptosleep chamber.  I'm going to better handle how the mod tracks colonists in cyptosleep in the next version.

Hayhorse

For those that have the missing .dll bug ( which may be casueing the failed to initialize/prepared bug ) may be caused by some AV software considering the .dll a virus. I have this problem but most AV software allows you to have it ignore the file when it blocks it.

EdB

Looks like my weekend just got ruined.

I just downloaded Alpha 12 and will start working on updating the mod.  No estimate of when it might be done.  Lots of changes in Alpha 12.

isistoy

I can only feel for you, right now, seeing changes in interface...
Dunno if that's of any help to smooth your thoughts right now, but we might be up for a 6 months stability time after this one, at least.
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>