[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenfur

Uh, not that you don't have anything to work on right now.... but I just came in here to say that I love using your mod (haven't upgraded to a12 yet, too many awesome mods I am waiting for update to).

I have three suggestions which would make my life easier:

• add in the interface options the way to resize colonists icons and names
  • add option to auto-remove dead/missing colonists
  • create shortcut for that "Colonist" button in the bottom left corner so that I don't have to navigate there with mouse. "C" would do, or "Ctrl+C". ">" and "<" from the vanilla are useful, but often I want to cycle through colonists without changing the camera and mouse position (like during difficult raids when I have to order each colonist who to target)
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

Falcon24

Quote from: EdB on August 21, 2015, 05:54:18 PM
Looks like my weekend just got ruined.

Don't give up your weekend to update if you don't want to :) We realize you have stuff IRL, and it should come before updating mods. We'll wait patiently, but look forward to the updates!

EdB

Quote from: Falcon24 on August 22, 2015, 03:22:37 PM

Don't give up your weekend to update if you don't want to :) We realize you have stuff IRL, and it should come before updating mods. We'll wait patiently, but look forward to the updates!

I appreciate that!  It's a bit a hassle to deal with these big updates, but I was definitely joking--I wouldn't have created the mod in the first place if I didn't enjoy doing it!

That said, if you've seen the new UI in alpha 12, you might have guessed that there are a lot of changes that I need to make.  I'm updating Prepare Carefully first as I usually do, and my availability over the next week is not so great, so you probably won't see a new release of the Interface mod until next weekend, unfortunately.

Florius

Quote from: EdB on August 22, 2015, 03:47:32 PM
Quote from: Falcon24 on August 22, 2015, 03:22:37 PM

I appreciate that!  It's a bit a hassle to deal with these big updates, but I was definitely joking--I wouldn't have created the mod in the first place if I didn't enjoy doing it!

That said, if you've seen the new UI in alpha 12, you might have guessed that there are a lot of changes that I need to make.  I'm updating Prepare Carefully first as I usually do, and my availability over the next week is not so great, so you probably won't see a new release of the Interface mod until next weekend, unfortunately.

Ahww, seems I'll have to wait a week before playing, because to be honest, I can't play without edB interface! But please take your time, and keep improving your mod :)

TheGentlmen

If i start a A12 save when Prepare Carefully comes out will i then be able to add your mod(After it updates to A12) without having to start a new save? I simply can't live without your mod...

Girlinhat

Quote from: TheGentlmen on August 22, 2015, 06:52:14 PM
If i start a A12 save when Prepare Carefully comes out will i then be able to add your mod(After it updates to A12) without having to start a new save? I simply can't live without your mod...
The Interface UI can be installed on an existing world.  It might throw a few debug warnings the first time you load, but should be fine.

TheGentlmen

Quote from: Girlinhat on August 22, 2015, 07:15:30 PM
Quote from: TheGentlmen on August 22, 2015, 06:52:14 PM
The Interface UI can be installed on an existing world.  It might throw a few debug warnings the first time you load, but should be fine.

Ty.

TheSilencedScream

Take your time, as always, EdB, but I'll also be waiting to play until your UI is up. Just more intuitive for my tastes. :)
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

FMJ Penguin

Devs just need to make it all customization with resizable/movable everything and what not. Just stop wasting time and give us the tools to customize it instead of torturing poor EdB every new alpha  ::)

Hey Edb if your struggling for ideas with this one here's a few;

Having the pawn icons back if nothing else(do miss those)
Tabs on the bottom could be made "thinner". Don't need to take up that much real estate(Too much "padding" if you will).

That's it, that's all I got hehe.... too much thinkin for me..... good luck to you  :D

edit:
Thought of another one. Although it's maybe too much bs dunno. Anyways, you know the info panel when you select "i" for every item, why not have that info show immediately in the left panel right in the main UI. Seems awfully redundant when there isn't that much more info to show on each item in the secondary window anyways. Seems like there would be plenty of room on the bottom left info panel if it was just expanded upwards a bit. Anyways hope this gives some food for thought at least.
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

NWCtim

Any chance of getting a quick 'Lite' version with just unit frames across the top and nothing else?  That's by far the most useful feature of this mod for me.

thefinn

Stephanuz

Tried playing without the mod, realized I couldn't =').
Currently learning how to mod. Any tips / tutorials are highly appreciated <3.

ProBro

Played without this mod and oh how I miss the colonist icons across the top!  Thanks EdB for all your hard work!   I'd vote to have this mod added to the core game.

matsav10

dont know how much longer i can play without this
Keep up the great work
please get this into the core mod :P

MisterVertigo

Yep, like others have said. I just downloaded the new Alpha, and I'm on the fence if I want to start it or not without this mod. I don't use many mods, and almost all of them I can go without. This one is the exception. It's just SO CONVENIENT to have those icons across the top!
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub