[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdB

I've decided to do a bit of a rewrite of the mod.  That sounds worse than it is, but it does probably mean that I'll release the alpha 12 version in pieces, with the most important functionality first--and yes, that means the colonist bar comes first.

I have a working version of the colonist bar that I'm testing.  I need to fix how mod preferences are loaded and displayed, and then I'll do the first partial release--probably tomorrow morning.

Drunk N Deadly

Quote from: EdB on August 29, 2015, 04:09:46 PM
I've decided to do a bit of a rewrite of the mod.  That sounds worse than it is, but it does probably mean that I'll release the alpha 12 version in pieces, with the most important functionality first--and yes, that means the colonist bar comes first.

I have a working version of the colonist bar that I'm testing.  I need to fix how mod preferences are loaded and displayed, and then I'll do the first partial release--probably tomorrow morning.

Glad to hear you are releasing the colonist bar tomorrow, then I can finally get started on my next colony..
Thanks for your hard work.

bewby

Quote from: EdB on August 29, 2015, 04:09:46 PM

God I love you for this.

Lady Wolf

Really looking forward to this one, I first started playing RW back in A10 with this mod, and trying to play without it now is proving rather frustrating, thanks for all your hard work on updating it!  8)

Taikun

Thank you for your continued time and effort on this and all your mods, EdB.

EdB

I've released an incomplete "pre-release" version of the mod with support for Alpha 12.

It includes the Colonist Bar and some of the miscellaneous interface options (default empty stockpiles, etc).  It does not include the replacement tabs, the inventory dialog, the minor tweaks to the work panel or any of the new squad features from the beta release that I did a couple of weeks ago--I'm still working on all of that.  I'd be surprised if I got a full release done before next weekend.

Give it a try and let me know if you run into any issues.

Download EdB Interface 3.0.2 (Pre-Release)
If you need an alternate download site, you can download the mod as an attachment at the bottom of this post, but you must be logged in to see the link.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Florius

You are amazing edB, I am already glad I can try this!

Normally I don't do this, but do you have a donate button? That's the least thing I can do for a must have mod!

Grenadier33

Quote from: EdB on August 30, 2015, 03:32:39 AM
I've released an incomplete "pre-release" version of the mod with support for Alpha 12.

I HAVE A COLONIST BAR AGAIN! 

Thank you for all your hard work, and yeah like the previous poster said, you need a donate button of some kind.

akiceabear

Quote from: Florius on August 30, 2015, 04:12:21 AM
You are amazing edB, I am already glad I can try this!

Normally I don't do this, but do you have a donate button? That's the least thing I can do for a must have mod!

I would also quite happily donate a couple bucks for the great improvements EdB has brought to the game.

roben

Me too! Thanks for the pre-Release :)

[attachment deleted due to age]

Aile

Quote from: EdB on August 30, 2015, 03:32:39 AM

It includes the Colonist Bar and some of the miscellaneous interface options (default empty stockpiles, etc).  It does not include the replacement tabs, the inventory dialog, the minor tweaks to the work panel or any of the new squad features from the beta release that I did a couple of weeks ago--I'm still working on all of that.  I'd be surprised if I got a full release done before next weekend.

Give it a try and let me know if you run into any issues.

Hello EdB, thank you for this mod.

I got an issue. Got my colonist downed and taken away by raiders, but i managed to kill the carrier. Now when i click on the icon of the previously downed colonist, i cant mark the colonist (it doesnt "check" his portrait and show his skills) and double clicking shows the place he was downed at the last time (the colonist was taken like five times during that one raid and it goes on the last place he was at the groud, from where i rescued him).

ptran

Thank you Edb!! I been refreshing for days to see this mod happen

Yissss

Drunk N Deadly

@EdB

Seriously man I could hug you right now, anyway thanks for releasing this so quickly.

EdB

Quote from: Aile on August 30, 2015, 06:01:04 AM
I got an issue. Got my colonist downed and taken away by raiders, but i managed to kill the carrier. Now when i click on the icon of the previously downed colonist, i cant mark the colonist (it doesnt "check" his portrait and show his skills) and double clicking shows the place he was downed at the last time (the colonist was taken like five times during that one raid and it goes on the last place he was at the groud, from where i rescued him).

Thanks for the bug report.  I think the colonist bar thinks that the colonist is still being carried away.  I rewrote a lot of the code that tracks what's happening to the colonists, and it sounds like I might have introduced a couple of issues.  I will work on a fix, but in the meantime, if you save and reload the game, it should sort itself out.

Lady Wolf

Deeply appreciated for the quick update to this!

This mod and Prepare Carefully are the two mods that I really consider "must haves" for a fun RW experience. (There's about 20ish or other ones I would really missing playing without either, but those are the bare minimum for playability imho.)