[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aile

Quote from: EdB on August 30, 2015, 10:57:58 AM
Quote from: Aile on August 30, 2015, 06:01:04 AM
I got an issue. Got my colonist downed and taken away by raiders, but i managed to kill the carrier. Now when i click on the icon of the previously downed colonist, i cant mark the colonist (it doesnt "check" his portrait and show his skills) and double clicking shows the place he was downed at the last time (the colonist was taken like five times during that one raid and it goes on the last place he was at the groud, from where i rescued him).

Thanks for the bug report.  I think the colonist bar thinks that the colonist is still being carried away.  I rewrote a lot of the code that tracks what's happening to the colonists, and it sounds like I might have introduced a couple of issues.  I will work on a fix, but in the meantime, if you save and reload the game, it should sort itself out.

Yup, it works. Thx

Tekuromoto

As a long-time Oblivion modder I fully appreciate the time and effort you're donating to the community. As a new (read: two weeks) RW player I've already found I can't live without your Interface mod or Prepare Carefully.

So, thanks!  :D

Playbahnosh

@EdB

You are the best! Seriously, this interface should be in vanilla. Period. The game just feels woefully incomplete without it, I got so used to the colonist bar especially.

I'm throwing money at the screen, but it's not working. You need a donate button.

A_Soft_Machine_Man

Hey edb, for some bizarre reason the interface mod seems to be incompatible with Rooki1's rimsenal mod. I have your other mods and they work fine, but for whatever reason I get the in-built Rimworld "One or more mods was incompatible/outdated" any ideas how I might fix this on my end?

(And yes, I made sure that I'm using the most recent version of the mod)

TheGentlmen

Quote from: A_Soft_Machine_Man on August 30, 2015, 04:47:04 PM
Hey edb, for some bizarre reason the interface mod seems to be incompatible with Rooki1's rimsenal mod. I have your other mods and they work fine, but for whatever reason I get the in-built Rimworld "One or more mods was incompatible/outdated" any ideas how I might fix this on my end?

(And yes, I made sure that I'm using the most recent version of the mod)

Dis for A11, we run A12... unless your running A11 dis should NOT work...

Emottaja

Quote from: EdB on August 30, 2015, 03:32:39 AM
I've released an incomplete "pre-release" version of the mod with support for Alpha 12.

It includes the Colonist Bar and some of the miscellaneous interface options (default empty stockpiles, etc).  It does not include the replacement tabs, the inventory dialog, the minor tweaks to the work panel or any of the new squad features from the beta release that I did a couple of weeks ago--I'm still working on all of that.  I'd be surprised if I got a full release done before next weekend.

Give it a try and let me know if you run into any issues.

Download EdB Interface 3.0.2 (Pre-Release)
If you need an alternate download site, you can download the mod as an attachment at the bottom of this post, but you must be logged in to see the link.

There's this version for A12, TheGentlmen

Topper

Got an incompatible warning and crash when I tried to run this :( Why are you making mods for older versions? Dog hater??

Florius

Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:30:13 AM
Got an incompatible warning and crash when I tried to run this :( Why are you making mods for older versions? Dog hater??

Please see the post above you.

TheGentlmen

Quote from: Emottaja on August 31, 2015, 03:04:40 AM
I've released an incomplete "pre-release" version of the mod with support for Alpha 12.

It includes the Colonist Bar and some of the miscellaneous interface options (default empty stockpiles, etc).  It does not include the replacement tabs, the inventory dialog, the minor tweaks to the work panel or any of the new squad features from the beta release that I did a couple of weeks ago--I'm still working on all of that.  I'd be surprised if I got a full release done before next weekend.

If you need an alternate download site, you can download the mod as an attachment at the bottom of this post, but you must be logged in to see the link.

There's this version for A12, TheGentlmen

OH MY GOSH... HOW DID I MISS THAT?

«Temple»

Wait your adding a Colonist Squad?  That's amazing, I've been looking for one that's not part of any big mods and still up-to-date.

zenfur

I'm testing your interface, found no problems so far.
Also I have to say I love the interface options you introduce. Especially small icons for colonists. When I reached around 100 hundred colonists last game, it was taking most of my screen. Now I have around 15 and I still use it because it's nicer to have bigger view.

I want to inform you that option to auto-pause on loading the game is already in vanilla and is redundant :) You can safely remove this one.
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

newvelaric

YES! Now I can start playing!

zenfur

Bug report:

Situation: your colonist is kidnapped, but you prevent raiders from getting him out of map and rescue him.

Result: double clicking the colonist via top icons result in pointing to the location he was rescued from, not where he actually is. Also single clicking does not select that colonist.

Vanilla selection via work tab still works.

It's first time when I encountered this situation so I don't know how repeatable it is.
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

Lady Wolf

Quote from: zenfur on September 02, 2015, 07:23:35 PM
Result: double clicking the colonist via top icons result in pointing to the location he was rescued from, not where he actually is. Also single clicking does not select that colonist.

Save and then reload, it corrects the bug nicely.  ;) (not permanently mind you, but whenever it does occur.)

EdB

Quote from: zenfur on September 02, 2015, 07:23:35 PM
Bug report:

Situation: your colonist is kidnapped, but you prevent raiders from getting him out of map and rescue him.

Thanks for the bug report.  Yes, this was reported earlier as well.  I have a fix for it that I will include in the next release.  As described in the previous post, saving and then reloading the game is the best workaround--it sorts itself out.