[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdB

Quote from: Florius on September 08, 2015, 10:47:56 AM
And another bug, which I have since an earlier version if the Interface mod, but not exactly sure how to reproduce, but sometimes when I have the architect menu open, and I click a colonist, it still keeps the architect menu open, and I can't recruit the colonist, or his menu doesn't open. I'll try to see why this happens...

This has been a problem for awhile.  I should be able to fix it--I've been playing through my first full game of alpha 12, and I keep being annoyed by this as well.

Florius

Quote from: EdB on September 08, 2015, 12:27:12 PM
Quote from: Florius on September 08, 2015, 10:47:56 AM
And another bug, which I have since an earlier version if the Interface mod, but not exactly sure how to reproduce, but sometimes when I have the architect menu open, and I click a colonist, it still keeps the architect menu open, and I can't recruit the colonist, or his menu doesn't open. I'll try to see why this happens...

This has been a problem for awhile.  I should be able to fix it--I've been playing through my first full game of alpha 12, and I keep being annoyed by this as well.

I am already glad I am not the only one hehe!
EDIT: Is it possible to somehow make a color code in the schedule to see what colonist is in what squad, or perhaps a number? Or in the top bar from squad?

halcyforn

hello i find small problem and i here this is thing should be for this mod. can you add slider/scroll or what name this thing to character tab where is all skills sometimes with additional mods on laptops ( lower resolution than full hd and hd ready) i cant read some skills values.

Tekuromoto

Quote from: halcyforn on September 08, 2015, 03:43:36 PM
hello i find small problem and i here this is thing should be for this mod. can you add slider/scroll or what name this thing to character tab where is all skills sometimes with additional mods on laptops ( lower resolution than full hd and hd ready) i cant read some skills values.
+1 for this - I'm using Rikiki's Fish Industry and it adds a fishing skill which gets cut off in the vanilla character menu.

Mycu

Hi, having some heavy bug with this awesome mod.
Please, look at screenshots:
   http://i.imgur.com/ovFLGVF.jpg
   http://i.imgur.com/cF0aFAn.jpg

Using EdBInterface-3.0.3, debug screen pops when loading colony...

Florius

Quote from: Mycu on September 08, 2015, 04:34:14 PM
Hi, having some heavy bug with this awesome mod.
Please, look at screenshots:
   http://i.imgur.com/ovFLGVF.jpg
   http://i.imgur.com/cF0aFAn.jpg

Using EdBInterface-3.0.3, debug screen pops when loading colony...

Try to create a new world with a new colony and see if you still get the errors. If not then it means that there is something wrong with the current mod or save game.

Mycu

Quote from: Florius on September 08, 2015, 04:52:53 PM

Try to create a new world with a new colony and see if you still get the errors. If not then it means that there is something wrong with the current mod or save game.

The strange part is that I've loaded this colony with those mods few times without any problems.
Now it pops on every previously saved game...

New colony on the same world doesn't reproduce this error but I wonder - is there any way to fix it so I wouldn't have to start a new colony?

Florius

Quote from: Mycu on September 08, 2015, 05:05:24 PM
Quote from: Florius on September 08, 2015, 04:52:53 PM

The strange part is that I've loaded this colony with those mods few times without any problems.
Now it pops on every previously saved game...

New colony on the same world doesn't reproduce this error but I wonder - is there any way to fix it so I wouldn't have to start a new colony?

Hmm, strange. After I loaded a savegame myself I got a debug log:

http://puu.sh/k4BT8/55fdf76d17.jpg

EDIT: Mycu, could you get a print screen of your mod list?
Not sure if it is actually edB interface, but it is odd that you don't get the debug log with a new colony.
EDIT2: Sorry, noticed in your first screen the mod list, try disable the Work Presets, because it seems those 2 mods are not compatible, they both change the schedule screen for example so it could be very good that it adjusts more things.

Mycu

Quote from: Florius on September 08, 2015, 05:09:57 PM
try disable the Work Presets, because it seems those 2 mods are not compatible, they both change the schedule screen for example so it could be very good that it adjusts more things.

OK, so I've disabled Work Presets and Enhanced Animals Tab (installed today) but still without luck even if loaded a save created 2 days ago (without those mods):
http://i.imgur.com/KpU6uIO.jpg

Only thing that seems to partially solve this problem is to downgrade EdB Interface from 3.0.3 (version installed today) to 3.0.2 and load an older save.

EdB

Quote from: Mycu on September 08, 2015, 05:25:00 PM
Quote from: Florius on September 08, 2015, 05:09:57 PM
try disable the Work Presets, because it seems those 2 mods are not compatible, they both change the schedule screen for example so it could be very good that it adjusts more things.

OK, so I've disabled Work Presets and Enhanced Animals Tab (installed today) but still without luck even if loaded a save created 2 days ago (without those mods):
http://i.imgur.com/KpU6uIO.jpg

Only thing that seems to partially solve this problem is to downgrade EdB Interface from 3.0.3 (version installed today) to 3.0.2 and load an older save.

I'll need to look into this a bit with that mod combination.  If you've used any of the squad management functionality (added squads or changed the order of your "all colonists" squad), the mod will include that information in the save game and you'll need the mod enabled to load it.  If you're comfortable editing your save game file, you can manually remove this data by searching for the block that looks like this:

<thing Class="EdB.Interface.SquadManagerThing">
</thing>

and removing it.  Once you've done that, you should be able to disable the interface mod and load your game (assuming this mod is the one causing the problem).

It's tough to anticipate the types of problems that can come up when you mix a lot of mods together.  I appreciate the feedback and sorry for the trouble.

Tekuromoto

I too have realized that Work Presets and Enhanced Animals Tab aren't compatible with EbD Interface. Too bad!

Maybe you three should collaborate to bring us the best UI mod yet!  ;D

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: Tekuromoto on September 08, 2015, 06:11:23 PM
I too have realized that Work Presets and Enhanced Animals Tab aren't compatible with EbD Interface. Too bad!

Maybe you three should collaborate to bring us the best UI mod yet!  ;D
I very much want my mod to work with EdB's Interface, so if you could post an error log that would be extremely helpful!

In the mean time, perhaps the older version of my mod might work alongside EdB's, it's a bit lighter in the amount of code it touches. If you follow the download link and remove the /latest bit, you can scroll down to the first release.

Florius

And with Pawn state icon, would be even better ^^!
Though I'm glad it works for now on Alpha 12...

Tekuromoto

Quote from: l2032 on September 08, 2015, 06:16:57 PM
I very much want my mod to work with EdB's Interface, so if you could post an error log that would be extremely helpful!
Actually, I may be mistaken... I'm pretty sure animals were doubled up before, but that might have just been the work tab with Presets. With 12d.2 the animals tab seems to work fine alongside EdB UI.

Quote from: Florius on September 08, 2015, 06:33:25 PM
And with Pawn state icon, would be even better ^^!
Though I'm glad it works for now on Alpha 12...
I'm using PSI just fine with this and Animal Tab, using the link you provided over in the PSI thread.

Ectoplasm

I would like to make a small suggestion (and thanks for making this invaluable, wonderful mod). On the bar at the top of the screen - colonists bar I think it's called? Would you add icons to show which weapon each colonist is equipped with?

Would be most useful when positioning colonists for raids, so minigum users don't wipe out their friends for example.