[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdB

Quote from: Tekuromoto on September 08, 2015, 06:11:23 PM
I too have realized that Work Presets and Enhanced Animals Tab aren't compatible with EbD Interface. Too bad!

As far as I can tell, these mods should be compatible.  All of these mods (Interface, Work Presets and Enhanced Animals) use the standard method for adding/overriding the main tab windows at the bottom of the screen and there is no overlap--in other words, we don't override any of the same tab windows.  It's possible that there could be something more subtle that would cause an incompatibility, but I've been testing it out, and it seems to work ok.

I think there's probably another explanation for the errors described earlier. 

joshwoo69

Quote from: EdB on September 08, 2015, 08:32:39 PM
Quote from: Tekuromoto on September 08, 2015, 06:11:23 PM
I too have realized that Work Presets and Enhanced Animals Tab aren't compatible with EbD Interface. Too bad!

As far as I can tell, these mods should be compatible.  All of these mods (Interface, Work Presets and Enhanced Animals) use the standard method for adding/overriding the main tab windows at the bottom of the screen and there is no overlap--in other words, we don't override any of the same tab windows.  It's possible that there could be something more subtle that would cause an incompatibility, but I've been testing it out, and it seems to work ok.

I think there's probably another explanation for the errors described earlier.
It is compatible. I have them on my install.
Intall edb ui first THEN the other ones

FMJ Penguin

Oh good he's still going on this  ;D

Can this window be stretched up so there's a  bit more room for mod additions as far as skills go? Or even a scroll bar.... heck anything. Just asking in hopes that it's really easy to do or something :P

[attachment deleted due to age]
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

EdB

Anyone who's having trouble loading their saved games, if you want to try uploading your save game file somewhere along with a copy of your ModConfig file--I'm happy to download it and try it out.  The biggest problem with these types of bugs is that they are often really difficult to reproduce on my end.

EdB

Quote from: Mycu on September 08, 2015, 04:34:14 PM
Hi, having some heavy bug with this awesome mod.
Please, look at screenshots:
   http://i.imgur.com/ovFLGVF.jpg
   http://i.imgur.com/cF0aFAn.jpg

Using EdBInterface-3.0.3, debug screen pops when loading colony...

I was able to reproduce this bug without EdB Interface installed, so it's got to be caused by something else.  I'm thinking it's an interaction between the Work Presets mod and Pawn State Icons (which has not officially been updated for alpha 12).

I had the following mods installed (in this order)
1. Core
2. Community Core Library v0.12.1
3. Community Core Library - Vanilla Tweaks
4. Pawn State Icons v04c
5. Work Presets

And I did this after starting a brand new game:
1. Open the Work Presets panel.
2. Create a preset
3. Assign the preset to at least one colonist
4. Save the game.
5. Quit to Desktop
6. Start up RimWorld again
7. Load the game.

I get the "Id already in use" errors.  I was also able to hit a combination of steps that gave me the "ResearchProjectDef" errors listed in this post, but I lost track of the exact steps to reproduce that.  Again, I did this without the EdB Interface mod installed at all.

EDIT: Actually, I can reproduce it consistently with only the Work Presets mod enabled.

Wivex

Seems to be the problem of scribing in multiple mods. If two or more mods scribe colonists' data (whole pawns) in save file, game tries to initialize those pawns twice with all their gear. I'll fix that in my mod soon.

Good thing is that it's not game breaking.

Topper

I gave the pre release a try but when I started up a new colony the bar had 3 missing clones of my starting colonist plus the living ones. When I tried to open up a menu eveything took a bright neon red hue and then the game crashed. I'm using a bunch of mods that are all alpha 12 approved. No errors popped up in the dev box at any point.

EdB

Quote from: Topper on September 09, 2015, 02:25:53 AM
I gave the pre release a try but when I started up a new colony the bar had 3 missing clones of my starting colonist plus the living ones. When I tried to open up a menu eveything took a bright neon red hue and then the game crashed. I'm using a bunch of mods that are all alpha 12 approved. No errors popped up in the dev box at any point.

I just fixed the problem with cloned colonists in the bar on my machine here.  I'll release the fix for it tomorrow.  If you restart RimWorld before loading your game, this should not happen.  Not sure if this is what caused the crash.

JangoDsoul

http://imgur.com/sBg2dqf is this a bug or am i doing something wrong? i'm trying to add my colonist to my squads and nothing

Mycu

Quote from: EdB on September 08, 2015, 11:55:08 PM
EDIT: Actually, I can reproduce it consistently with only the Work Presets mod enabled.

Ok, so it seems to have nothing to do with EdB, thanks for your effort :)

Quote from: Wivex on September 09, 2015, 02:23:18 AM
I'll fix that in my mod soon.

Good thing is that it's not game breaking.

I'll patiently wait - because your Work Presets is worth it :)

METATERREN

Can we get an option to move the colonist bar into a vertical position on the right side of the screen, or horizontal and at the bottom of the screen? And just let the architect menu cover it up when its covering it; if the list gets too wide or too tall it could gain a row or column.

Tiny UI thing, but there's really nothing else going on at the top of the screen except for this mod.

EdB

Just a heads up that I've removed the download link for the current pre-release version.  There are too many weird problems that people are running into. 

If you've already downloaded it and want to continue using it, the one thing that I recommend is that you always restart RimWorld before starting a new game or loading an existing game.  A couple of the stranger problems are happening because I am not properly clearing out data from previous games.  So if you see random MISSING colonists in your colonist bar, that's why.

I'll release a new version before tomorrow.

Wivex

l2032 is going to release improved version of the vanilla work tab with copy\paste of work presets feature, which will make my Work Presets mod an obsolete. Since i won't have enough time to make compability fix any time soon, that suits me well. Keep an eye for his updates.

Topper

I thought there was talk of intergrating this mod into the main game like 2-3 alphas ago...what happened ?

Wivex

I fixed compatibility issues in Work Presets, but you can stick to overhauled Work Tab mod of l2032.