[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdB

I've put out another pre-release version of the mod, 3.0.4.   I've think I've fixed up a lot of weird issues that people were seeing, but let me know if you're still running into bugs.  Here's a re-post of details that I included with the last pre-release in case you have not seen them yet:

What's new for alpha 12:

• First, I need to mention what's been removed.  The "colonist" main tab button that used to be in the lower-left corner of the screen is gone.  It didn't make sense with the new UI layout.  Also, I've decided to remove the alternate, vertically-aligned tabs and some of the spacing and layout tweaks throughout the mod.  It takes a lot of effort to keep those changes in sync with the game, so I've removed them.  This is not a final decision, so please give me some feedback on how important these were to you.
  • Squad management: you can organize your colonists into groups in the squad management window.  Click the "Squads" main tab button along the bottom of the screen to bring it up.  Squads are a good way to organize larger colonies.  You always have one automatic "All Colonists" squad that contains all of the (human) members of your colony.
  • The colonist bar only displays one squad at a time, and you can browse through your squads in the bar.
  • Filter the list of colonists in the Work, Restrictions and Outfits windows by squad.  Use the squad row at the top of the list to make assignments to all of the colonists in the list.
  • Assign keyboard shortcuts to select your squads.  In the Keyboard Configuration keys, choose which keys that you want to use under the "Squad Management" section.  Once selected, you can shift- or control- press the key to assign the current squad to that shortcut.  Double-press the key to select all members in the squad.
  • Be sure to look at the Interface Options window.  I've added a couple of tweaks that are not enabled by default.  These include an alternate time display as well as close buttons in the main tab windows.
Note that if you use the squad features, you must have the mod enabled to load your saved games.  If you save the game with the squad feature disabled (from the Interface Options window), you will be able to load your save without the mod enabled.

The squad management features bring a little more complexity that previous versions of the mod, so I'm guessing that there are still bugs in there.  I would recommend starting a new colony if you're going to try it out.

Let me know if you run into any issues, and I'd love to hear some feedback.

Download EdB Interface 3.0.4 (Pre-Release)
If you need an alternate download site, you can download the mod as an attachment at the bottom of this post, but you must be logged in to see the link.

EDIT: Disabled the link and removed the attachment.  Download the newest version from the original post.

Florius

Not sure if you fixed it or not:
http://puu.sh/k6Clp/d24cd059d8.jpg
And I'll let you know if I can find anything.

EdB

Quote from: Florius on September 10, 2015, 01:36:15 PM

First I've heard of it.  When does that happen?  When you go to bring up the Mods screen or after you close it?

EdB

Quote from: Florius on September 10, 2015, 01:36:15 PM

Also, just an FYI.  If you click on the error message in the debug console, it will show a "stack trace" at the bottom of the console.  This often shows where in the code the error happened.  This is more useful when you're doing screenshots of errors.

Tsilliev

Kulverstukass

Will there be returning of "mass choose to change options", like selecting plants for hydroponics?
Also, "next colonist" suitable for animals?
I'd found it very clumsy - checking through animals list, then open personal training status, then back to list and repeat this over and over.
Also forgot to mention - mass un-forbid. Damn, game has mass claim option, so useless, yet built-in, and no mass forbid/un-forbid for items from raiders...
Keep calm and become one with Russia, da?

panggul_mas

very small detail. animal bed icon in inventory list is appearing oversized:

http://i.imgur.com/mBYrqyp.jpg

thanks for all your hard work!

-

EdB

Quote from: panggul_mas on September 11, 2015, 07:58:54 PM

Thanks for the bug report.  I will fix.

Topper

geekest_cat

I'm not sure this is the right place to post it, but I'd like to suggest some feature for future versions of the mod.

As the needs tab was expanding and included more needs, I thought that it would be cool to be able to notice the pawns' needs at first sight, and I think the EdB Interface mod is the perfect one to include such a thing.

So, since during gameplay I often find myself going frantically back and forth the colonists' needs tab, I think all this clicking could be avoided with something like this. the picture is pretty much self-explanatory, but just for reference (F-Food; R-Rest;M-Mood;J-Joy, which are the main pawn variables to care about):

I think this could be minimalistic enough so to not clutter the screen, while allowing for a much visual and faster colonists' needs tracking. What do you think about it?

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

MisterVertigo

Quote from: geekest_cat on September 12, 2015, 04:13:23 AM
I think this could be minimalistic enough so to not clutter the screen, while allowing for a much visual and faster colonists' needs tracking. What do you think about it?
I like this, or something similar to the Pawn Status Icons mod, except have the icons appear next to their icon instead of on the actual pawn (or both).
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Tekuromoto

Quote from: MisterVertigo on September 12, 2015, 03:58:46 PM
I like this, or something similar to the Pawn Status Icons mod, except have the icons appear next to their icon instead of on the actual pawn (or both).

THIS.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: panggul_mas on September 11, 2015, 07:58:54 PM

http://i.imgur.com/mBYrqyp.jpg

thanks for all your hard work!

-

Mb it's vanilla bug? I'll remove drawsize 1,2 for animal bed and looks good.

Iridescens

Quote from: skyarkhangel on September 13, 2015, 03:07:51 AM
Mb it's vanilla bug? I'll remove drawsize 1,2 for animal bed and looks good.
It's definitely a vanilla bug. Just checked for <defName>AnimalSleepingBox</defName> in Mods\Core\Defs\ThingDefs\Buildings_Furniture.xml:
<drawSize>1.2</drawSize>