[A12d] EdB Interface Mods - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, August 09, 2014, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geekest_cat

Quote from: Dragoon on September 12, 2015, 09:56:49 AM
Quote from: geekest_cat on September 12, 2015, 04:13:23 AM
-snip-

Did you code that in or draw it in?

Shamelessly Inkscaped it. ;)

Quote from: MisterVertigo on September 12, 2015, 03:58:46 PM
Quote from: geekest_cat on September 12, 2015, 04:13:23 AM
I think this could be minimalistic enough so to not clutter the screen, while allowing for a much visual and faster colonists' needs tracking. What do you think about it?
I like this, or something similar to the Pawn Status Icons mod, except have the icons appear next to their icon instead of on the actual pawn (or both).

Yep, you got the point, for me the Pawn Status is the other must-have mod that should go vanilla. Some kind of quick visual identification of pawns' needs to avoid repetitive clicking is needed, IMHO.

falcongrey

EdB, not sure if there is any way this can be done 'easily' but it would be awesome to see some sort of compatibility patch between your UI mod and Fluffy's Enhanced Tabs mod.
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

EdB

Quote from: falcongrey on September 14, 2015, 06:06:52 PM
EdB, not sure if there is any way this can be done 'easily' but it would be awesome to see some sort of compatibility patch between your UI mod and Fluffy's Enhanced Tabs mod.

Unfortunately, there's really not an easy way to do this.  Alpha 12 has added the ability to easily mod those buttons along the bottom of the screen using the standard approach, and we're both taking advantage of that to replace the existing "Work" panel with our own modded versions.  The mod that shows up last in your mod order is the one that you're going to get.  Providing the same functionality without entirely overriding the "Work" panel may or may not be possible--but if possible, it would be much, much more difficult.

Now that those screens are so easily mod-able, we'll probably start running into this type of conflict more often.

Florius

Hey EdB, I have a colony of +32 colonists, and I have to scroll in the work tab. But it keeps scrolling by itself upwards, and this only seems to happen when the game is playing, and not pauzed. I hope you know what I mean, but if not, just let me know and see if I can provide a video or something.

This happens on a 1920x1080 screen by the way.

Tekuromoto

How are they incompatible, exactly? I'm playing with both, loading Enhanced Tabs second, and I get all the squad-based goodness of EdB UI and the ET work and animals tabs. Is there something great in the EdB UI work tab that I'm missing?

MisterVertigo

Quote from: Tekuromoto on September 15, 2015, 12:37:05 PM
How are they incompatible, exactly? I'm playing with both, loading Enhanced Tabs second, and I get all the squad-based goodness of EdB UI and the ET work and animals tabs. Is there something great in the EdB UI work tab that I'm missing?
If you load Enhanced Tabs after EdB UI, you will not have the ability to assign work to squads.
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Tekuromoto

Quote from: MisterVertigo on September 15, 2015, 01:29:50 PM
If you load Enhanced Tabs after EdB UI, you will not have the ability to assign work to squads.
Ah okay, thanks. Fluffy says he's planning to add squad support, and I really like the ETabs ability to sort by skill. I've never been at the point where I have a mining squad and a growing squad or something like that anyhow. :P

Ectoplasm

A small scaling bug: Quantum stockpiles (part of the RT_Storage mod https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11272.0 ). If the fix has to come from the other mods end, I'll pass on the request. Two of the benches from the Enhanced Prosthetic mod look a a little odd too now I see them, they're the basic prosthetics workbench and synthetic organ assembler from https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10571.0
http://imgur.com/sb4E6sh

And a small request of my own. Might it be possible to be able to list items verbosely? With item descriptions? I have a large number of prosthetic limbs stored, and it would be neat to be able to glance at an alphabetic list, for example under the other section you can see a big batch of generic boxes.
http://i.imgur.com/Ay3TddP.jpg

Thank you for your work in this community.

EdB

Quote from: Ectoplasm on September 17, 2015, 05:19:54 AM
A small scaling bug: Quantum stockpiles (part of the RT_Storage mod https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11272.0 ). If the fix has to come from the other mods end, I'll pass on the request. Two of the benches from the Enhanced Prosthetic mod look a a little odd too now I see them, they're the basic prosthetics workbench and synthetic organ assembler from https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10571.0
http://imgur.com/sb4E6sh

I'm re-working the code that figures out how to size of these icons in the Inventory panel.  I think those change will fix all of these issues.  I will test it out with the mods that you mention.

Quote from: Ectoplasm on September 17, 2015, 05:19:54 AM
And a small request of my own. Might it be possible to be able to list items verbosely? With item descriptions? I have a large number of prosthetic limbs stored, and it would be neat to be able to glance at an alphabetic list, for example under the other section you can see a big batch of generic boxes.
http://i.imgur.com/Ay3TddP.jpg

I know what you mean.  It would be nice if the graphics somehow differentiated between the different types of parts.  I probably won't be adding this feature now, but it's a good suggestion, and I'll keep it in mind for the future.

skyarkhangel

Hi, I noticed Bag. If you save and load while being carry a wounded colonist, then its icon is written as "Lost".

EdB

I've put out one last pre-release version of the mod, 3.0.6.   Besides bug fixes, I don't expect to add anything else.  I changed my mind about alternate tabs, so you'll find that those are back in there.  That's also the most likely place that you'll find bugs.  If it seems like the tabs are not working properly, let me know.

What's new for alpha 12:

• Squad management: you can organize your colonists into groups in the squad management window.  Click the "Squads" main tab button along the bottom of the screen to bring it up.  Squads are a good way to organize larger colonies.  You always have one automatic "All Colonists" squad that contains all of the (human) members of your colony.
  • The colonist bar only displays one squad at a time, and you can browse through your squads in the bar.
  • Filter the list of colonists in the Work, Restrictions and Outfits windows by squad.  Use the squad row at the top of the list to make assignments to all of the colonists in the list.
  • Assign keyboard shortcuts to select your squads.  In the Keyboard Configuration keys, choose which keys that you want to use under the "Squad Management" section.  Once selected, you can shift- or control- press the key to assign the current squad to that shortcut.  Double-press the key to select all members in the squad.
  • Be sure to look at the Interface Options window.  I've added a handful of options that are not enabled by default.  These include an alternate time display, the ability to add a close button to each of the main tab windows, the ability to hide tab buttons that you don't use and more.
Note that if you use the squad features, you must have the mod enabled to load your saved games.  If you save the game with the squad feature disabled (from the Interface Options window), you will be able to load your save without the mod enabled.

The squad management features bring a little more complexity than previous versions of the mod, so I'm guessing that there are still bugs in there.  I would recommend starting a new colony if you're going to try it out.

Let me know if you run into any issues, and I'd love to hear some feedback.

Download EdB Interface 3.0.6 (Pre-Release)
If you need an alternate download site, you can download the mod as an attachment at the bottom of this post, but you must be logged in to see the link.

EDIT 1: Updated with version 3.0.6.
EDIT 2: Disabled the link and removed the attachment.  Download the newest version from the original post.

geekest_cat

Nice changes, congrats!

I've stumbled upon a minor GUI issue, when large cloth names (and I assume, any other inventory object) that occupy more than one text row are stretched this way:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58725121/RimWorld/Narrow_cloth.jpg

Ectoplasm

I'm reticent to say if it's a bug, might be mod / order conflict etc, but the inventory window will only open the once for me. (3.0.5 pre-release). First time it work's after that it just wont open.

EdB

Quote from: Ectoplasm on September 19, 2015, 07:08:40 AM
I'm reticent to say if it's a bug, might be mod / order conflict etc, but the inventory window will only open the once for me. (3.0.5 pre-release). First time it work's after that it just wont open.

Thanks for the bug report.  I did something dumb there.  I will fix it.

EdB

Quote from: geekest_cat on September 19, 2015, 06:11:20 AM
I've stumbled upon a minor GUI issue, when large cloth names (and I assume, any other inventory object) that occupy more than one text row are stretched this way:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58725121/RimWorld/Narrow_cloth.jpg

Thanks for the bug report.  I will fix this.